Chapter Sixty Eight

Mrs. Park raises an eyebrow, "proposal?" She has one thing in mind that this has to be because of Baekhyun. Chanyeol nods, he knows that his mom is expecting it but he doesn't care.

"I will do everything you planned me to do. Be the CEO, cause no problems and just focus on work. The model son you always wanted me to be"

Mrs. Park is amazed how this Byun Baekhyun was able to change her son so much. Never did she imagine in a million years that he'd come to her office and tell her this. For once, she isn't that prepared for her answer.

"So what is the consequence?"

Chanyeol stands firm, he has to do this. For Baekhyun, for his happiness. "When Baekhyun decides to come back to me, let me be happy with him." Mrs. Park smirks, "what if he doesn't go back?" Chanyeol holds his hands tighter. "Then you have everything you ever wanted"

Mrs. Park doesn't know, but the look on Chanyeol's face says she should agree. He has a point and basing on how Chanyeol is betting on this, there is a chance that Baekhyun won't come back. She just has to do something so that Baekhyun won't come back and it's a win situation for her.

"Deal"

Chanyeol is sure that something is up, but he already bet everything he has. He just has to make sure that Baekhyun does come back or he'll never be happy.

Baekhyun missed school, 3 days is enough for him to feel like he's a rebel student. Everything feels familiar to him, even the fact that Chanyeol is absent for the day. It helps him, so that he can be at ease just for a day. What was weird for him is that Kai is not around either.

Kai wants to hit himself, he knows there is no sense in listening to Chanyeol's explanation but here he is, waiting for the speech that Chanyeol made.

It was weird that the giant called him and asked to meet up at an unknown coffee shop. "Why here?" Kai asks as he sips his coffee. Chanyeol removes his sunglasses and looks at the tanned man. "So that when you decide to throw the cup to me, people won't recognize me" Kai smirks, Chanyeol knows him too well.

"I came here to explain, I'm sure you're thinking that I made this all up or just a lame excuse for you to forgive me. But for the first time in our long friendship, I came to talk to you sincerely." Kai was distracted, his soft heart was taken away, easily.

"I was a heartless monster. I'm sure you know that, we've been friends for a long time and I have used you. I never trusted you with anything, especially my relationship with Kyungsoo but I know you are aware otherwise. I also know that you are against my feelings for Baekhyun since you know me too well. Lastly, I hurt you because you found out the truth. I am taught not to have attachments with other people, this shouldn't be an excuse but it's true. I only learn to value people because of Baekhyun and I realized how good you are to me. Despite my attitude, you stayed by my side, even now."

Chanyeol smiles, "Thank you for everything Kim Jong in. You're an awesome friend" Kai chuckles, "come here you giant!!" He then hits Chanyeol's head lightly as he laughs. Chanyeol smiles and hugs his friend. "I'm sorry man"

Kai smiles and hugs him back. "Don't fall for me man. I'll kill you" Chanyeol moves away and hits his friend.

When they are both calm, Kai turns to his friend. "So how about Baekhyun? What's gonna happen to the both of you?"