Chapter Thirty Four

The following morning, Chanyeol is on his way to school when he remembered his assistant. As he drove, he dials Baekhyun's number but the the latter is not answering. Knowing that Baekhyun answers immediately, he checks the time. It's already 7:30 and classes start at 8, Baekhyun should be at school right now.

Before Chanyeol is about to call again, he remembered Taehyung. The last time he couldn't contact Baekhyun was on the smaller's first day as an assistant and Taehyung took over Baekhyun. "Aish.. He's back.. Then.. Baekhyun must've been depressed.. But why?"

Chanyeol keeps on thinking of the reason until he pauses and laughs, a cold empty laugh. "Why am I even worried? He doesn't have work today so he'll be fine.." He closes his phone and continues driving, trying to erase the worry and curiosity.

When Chanyeol arrived in their classroom, he was surprised that Baekhyun still hasn't arrived. The latter is never late, once again, Chanyeol is tempted to call his "toy". He gets his phone from his pocket as he sits on his chair. But just like before, there is no answer.

Chanyeol shakes his head, "he forgot he has classes huh. Really irresponsible" but he knows in himself that Baekhyun would never be absent, even if he is sick. Baekhyun is a very hard working student, he never skips class and aces all his exams. Unlike Chanyeol who is a born genius, Baekhyun is passionate in learning new things and is motivated to finish his studies for his bright future.

Chanyeol knows that Baekhyun was not born in a rich family and has to work hard to earn a living. He is also aware that only Mrs Byun is working for the family and to help them, Baekhyun studies hard to become a scholar. Their lives are a total opposite and that what interests Chanyeol the most. He is used to being surrounded by rich and user people. Only Kyungsoo is different because even if Kyungsoo is rich, he is not a user, he sincerely wants to be with Chanyeol. Something that Chanyeol wanted as well, but they cannot.

The day continued and followed Chanyeol's route, he attends class, doesn't listen at all but he can still manage to answer the questions of their professor since he read all about their lessons beforehand or he uses his stocked knowledge. Lunch came, he ate with his friends, Chen and the rest of the group, that's when he remembered Baekhyun again.

"Hey where's your lover?" Chen asks as he takes a bite of the burger, the rest of the group looks at Chanyeol who is busy with his meal. "I don't know" The rest of them makes an "ayee.." Looking so disappointed but the same time not surprised at all because knowing Chanyeol, he isn't the kind to take relationships seriously. "Poor kid" Minseok comments and continued eating. Before Chanyeol can comment, Kai came, looking worried as hell.

"Kai, what happened to you?" Suho asks, their friends turned to the tanned man as well. "I-it's Baekhyun..."

Suho turns to Chanyeol who for the first time, has sincere worry in his face.

Artifical Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें