Chapter Thirty Seven

The walk to the convenience store is quiet. Eunji never met Chanyeol before and she is curious why this guy suddenly wants to accompany her. "Um.. I'm Park Chanyeol by the way. Baekhyun's newest friend I guess" Chanyeol says and holds his nape.

Eunji paused, she heard that name before but she couldn't remember when and where. She just smiles, "good to meet you! I'm Eunji, his sister" Chanyeol nods, she has the same smile as Baekhyun.

"As you know, she has stage 4 cancer. We all want to believe in miracles but you have to be ready for the worst case scenario." The doctor says after reading the results once again. Baekhyun slowly sits, while Luhan holds his hand. "Thank you doctor." the doctor nodded and leaves the room. Baekhyun's tears starting falling once again as she looks at his mother. The pain is unbearable, worst than losing Taeyeon.

Luhan hugs his bestfriend, "let's pray for the good news. Hopefully something miraculous will happen. Let's continue the operation" Baekhyun is trembling, he nods. "But Eunji.. the money.." Luhan looks at Baekhyun, "I'll take care of everything, just do what's your good at, being strong."

Chanyeol and Eunji are busy buying food when Eunji paused. "I'm not sure if I should tell you this, but I know my brother is in deep pain. He might act strong infront of me but I know the truth. We've been through too much and I hate it when he acts" Chanyeol looks at her in surprise, he didn't expect to hear this from Eunji. She then looks at him, "how much do you know about him..?"

Chanyeol holds the juice bottle tighter, he clearly knows what she means. "I.. I know that much" she then holds his arm, surprising him once more. "Please, don't leave his side. The fact that you know the truth means that my brother trusts you. Please don't leave him"

When Chanyeol and Eunji came back, Luhan is explaining to their friends. Kai is crying, Suho is comforting him. Chen could not believe it as well as Xiumin while Sehun is patting Luhan's shoulder. They all paused upon seeing Eunji. She immediately heads to Luhan and asks him what's the update.

Luhan looks resistant, but decides to tell her the truth. Eunji cries, while Kai joins her. Luhan hugs her too. "Let's continue praying for Mrs Byun and I know Baekhyun might hate this but we need all your donations.."

Chanyeol decides to enter the room, where he finds Baekhyun holding his mother's hand. The little puppy must be in deep thought that he didn't hear the door open. "Mom, I don't want you to leave but if you're in pain, you can go now. I hate to see you suffering" his voice full of pain, anger and regret.

"Ahem" Chanyeol says making Baekhyun startle, he immediately wipes his tears and looks at the direction. "I.. I brought some food" the giant says and leaves a bag on the table. Baekhyun lightly smiles, "thank you Chanyeol. I'm sorry I couldn't go out.. I--" he was cut off when Chanyeol immediately hugs him.

"You don't have to pretend in front of me Baek. Cry all you want.. I'm not going to leave"