Chapter Sixteen

Chanyeol keeps on looking at Baekhyun's eyes, he needs to see that Taehyung once again but there is no sign of the brave child. All he can see is Baekhyun's innocent and lovable eyes. He moves away when he hears footsteps from outside.

Chanyeol immediately stands, acting like nothing happened and walks out. He needs to clear his mind, he needs to leave the scene because he's not sure if he'll like it if he stays.

Baekhyun finally feels calm after Chanyeol left. His heart beat went back to normal and his cheeks turns back to its natural color. This is very weird for him since he never felt this with anyone except Taeyeon.

The idea of her makes him sad again, but before he could go back to his gloomy self, the door opens once again and Mrs Park is brightly smiling at him. "Hey Baekhyun, enjoy the beach" he smiles widely and nods.

Chanyeol is busy eyeing the view but mostly thinking about Baekhyun's case. He read a lot of books about multiple personality before but never did he image that he'll be able to encounter one and most unexpectedly, to be Byun Baekhyun.

He then hears a loud, "WOW" beside him and could feel Baekhyun looking so amazed at the beautiful scenery. He turns and couldn't help but smirk at the latter's face. "Is it your first time?"

Baekhyun nods, still smiling at how awesome this is. "We don't really hang out since my mom is busy and we're not that rich to have the budget" he explains. Chanyeol nods and turns back to the view. "You should work hard then, so you can bring them here"

Baekhyun smiles widely, "I am. I'm doing everything I can to help them. I want to make them so proud and I'm going to be rich, maybe richer than you" he then laughs at the idea. Chanyeol feels relieved to have the old Baekhyun back.

It was in the afternoon when they decide to go back. They finally finished packing and already ate their dinner. Mrs Park looked so tired so she was able to sleep the moment they enter the car. Baekhyun is still in his bubbly self as he hums songs that Chanyeol has never heard before.

While Chanyeol is busy on his phone replying to Kyungsoo's message from the day before. He just couldn't help not to reply to the latter, he still can't resist when Kyungsoo makes a move. He is so busy texting when he realizes the van is quiet.

He turns to Baekhyun who is deep in thought. He wants to ask the latter what's up but he stops himself and just continues to mind his own business. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo continue  texting, their talking about their favorite shows and Kyungsoo keeps on bringing up their past which frustrates Chanyeol.

He places his phone in his pocket and hears some sniffs from the person beside him -- Baekhyun has been crying.

"Uh, Baek, what's wrong?"

Baekhyun immediately wipes his tears and smiles, "it's nothing.. I'm fine" but Chanyeol knew otherwise, he's an actor and he can immediately read one. "No, tell me, is this about Taeyeon?"

Baekhyun took a deep breath, "I.. Just missed her that's all. I'm still not used to living without her" Chanyeol sighs, he honestly can't handle these situations but he knows that Baekhyun needs him.

"Love is a complicated thing Baek. You can't expect people to love you equally as you love them"

Baekhyun continues to cry, he's starting to hurt even more with Chanyeol's words because it's the truth. Chanyeol pats his back, he tries to have this concerned look on his face even if he doesn't feel anything.

"I... I k-know.. It's just.. So unfair because I loved her unconditionally, why can't she love me that way? Why can't she give me a chance?"

Chanyeol sighs, "things happen for a reason Baekhyun. Maybe Taeyeon isn't the girl for you, maybe someone out there would love you more than she did"

Baekhyun starts to wipe his tears making Chanyeol feel relieve once more that the drama is over but his eyes widen when he heard what Baekhyun says next.

"Thanks Mr Park"