Chapter Thirty Eight

Baekhyun does not know what to react. He then remembers what Chanyeol told him, "I love him Taehyung. I can't let him go". Baekhyun doesn't know why Chanyeol calls him Taehyung and who is the person he loves? But his thoughts were more clouded about his mother so he shrugs his questions and hugs Chanyeol back. He needs him more than ever.

The warmth of Chanyeol makes him feel calm and somehow hope that everything will be okay.

Due to some circumstances, Baekhyun's friends including Kai decided to go home. Although Kai promised he'll be back tomorrow and will update Luhan and Baekhyun about their studies. Sehun also goes home to get some clothes for Baekhyun and Luhan.

Luhan cleans up the mess from their friends until he saw Chanyeol still up. He seems to be thinking deeply but what surprised Luhan was the fact that Chanyeol is staying. "Um, Chanyeol, aren't you going home?" The chinese man asks him. Chanyeol shakes his head, "nope. I'm staying." Luhan raises an eyebrow and turns to Baekhyun who's talking to Eunji.

Hours later, Sehun came back with their clothes and wasn't startled to see Chanyeol still there. "Hey man. You should've told me you're staying so I could've brought you some clothes" Chanyeol lightly smiles, "I'm fine thanks" Sehun just nodded and turns to Luhan who looks suspicious.

It's already morning, Baekhyun must have fallen asleep because he was awoken by the door. The nurse enters to check on his mother. He let her do her job, he looks around and sees Eunji sleeping on the couch, Luhan and Sehun side by side near the table and Chanyeol near the comfort room. Baekhyun was surprised because he didn't expect this from Chanyeol.

He was looking on Chanyeol until the latter's eyes opened, Baekhyun immediately turned to the nurse who just finished. "The breakfast will arrive soon, her temperature is fine. I think she'll wake up soon and if she does please contact us" Baekhyun nods and the nurse leaves. Chanyeol stands up, he rubs his eyes and walks to Baekhyun.

"what do you want to eat? I'll go down to buy some food" he says. Baekhyun couldn't speak, he was so overwhelmed that he lost his voice. Chanyeol looks at him with sleepy eyes. "Baek?"

Baekhyun could feel his heart racing but he knows that this is an inapproriate moment. He shakes his head, "I'll accompany you"

Chanyeol isn't used to seeing Baekhyun quiet but he understands. They walk to the nearest food store. "Are you sure you want to go? I mean I can buy" he says, since Baekhyun looks uneasy. "Ah! No, it's okay.." Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun whose hands are shaking. He slowly holds one, making Baekhyun stop.

"Stop trembling. She'll be fine" he adds and looks ahead. "Ah.. yea.. um. Thank you for staying Chanyeol" Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun who is looking at him. "I told you I'm not leaving right?" Their eye contact was broken when they heard a familiar voice. "Good morning!"

The two turns and saw Kai with bags. His smile fades when he saw them holding hands, he immediately pulls Baekhyun and hands him the bags. "I thought you guys might be hungry so I brought some breakfast" Baekhyun smiles, "thank you Kai! Are you on your way to school?"

Kai nodded and turns to Chanyeol, "I just wanted to pass by.. how about you Chanyeol? Not going to class as well?" Chanyeol just nodded, keeping his cool image. "My mom wanted me to do some business stuff"

"Oh! Then you can go with Kai, we're fine here" Baekhyun says while Chanyeol glares at him which surprised Kai and Baekhyun. "Um but .." he tried giving a reason but due to his lack of sleep and lose of focus, Kai was able to drag him away.

Kai couldn't help but laugh once he and Chanyeol were left at the car. "Dude you seriously are inlove with him" Chanyeol looks at him, "what?" Kai laughs again and starts the car. "I have never seen Park Chanyeol stutter like that, not even with Kyungsoo!" Kai stopped when he realized he blurted a name he shouldn't have, "what do you mean" Chanyeol asks again, this time his tone is more serious.

Kai bit his lip, "I mean.. I have been friends with you and Kyungsoo.. you never stutter or be worried like that" Chanyeol was still glaring at him, "that's because Kyungsoo is just my friend" Kai decides to change the topic, "so that confirms your love for Baekhyunnie!" Chanyeol knows that Kai is aware of his feelings for Kyungsoo but he can't let that happen. Not Kai the blabbermouth. "Of course, I told you he's mine right?"

Kai awkwardly smiles, "that's what I said!"

Chanyeol looks away, he needs to be careful from now on, he can't let Kai or anyone else know about his inner feelings.