Chapter Fifty Four

For the first time in his life, Chanyeol can feel his heart beat stop. It literally stopped for a few seconds and continued again, this time the beat increased. He was so shocked that he didn't even react when Baekhyun lost his consciousness.

"Park"

Chanyeol got back to reality the moment he hears Taehyung. "Damn.." Taehyung rolls his eyes, "that was the longest struggle I had with Baekhyun. I really want to get out at the condominium but thanks to you I can't. Now I'm going to teach that douchebag a lesson" he is about to open the door when Chanyeol grabs his arm. "Don't"

"what?!" Taehyung reacts. "I want to get a revenge. Let me go" but Chanyeol just tightened his grip. "Are you stupid? Baekhyun will be in trouble if you back there" Taehyung frowns. "Are you really that insenstive? You saw Baekhyun right? How he trembled? He suffered and his traumas are back because of that asshole and you won't let me beat him up?! How can you even say that you love him?"

"Traumas?" Chanyeol asks, making Taehyung frustrated. "I have no time to explain this to you, Park. I'm off" he tries struggling but Chanyeol is stronger than him. "There's no use in going back. That man is already unconscious" Taehyung frowns, "I don't care"

Chanyeol frowns, his patience is limited and there are a lot of questions still bugging him. "Don't be such a hardheaded jerk Taehyung. Think about Baekhyun for once!!" Taehyung smirks at Chanyeol's sudden outburst. "So this is your true nature, Park. The more I don't want you to be in Baekhyun's life"

The giant finally gives up, there is no use in talking to Taehyung so he punches Taehyun's chin (proper punch or uppercut) that reached his lower jaw into the pain receptors at the base of the ears and made the rebel unconscious. Chanyeol sighs, "I'm sorry Baek. But you created a very stupid yet violent persona"

Chanyeol then carries Baekhyun bridal style and takes him to his room. He was too engrosed to his thoughts, he couldn't comprehend why of all the things Baekhyun would say before he faints is his feelings for Chanyeol.

"I'm so damn inlove with you, Park Chanyeol"

Baekhyun's voice echoed in his head. He smiles, a smile he never did before and now he feels like an idiot. He hits his head, "what am I doing. I wasn't supposed to be like this." He then looks at the way Baekhyun is lying on his bed. How peaceful he seems even if Chanyeol is guilty for what he did.

When morning came, Baekhyun stretches but stops when he feels something on his body. Like someone is hugging him, but he can't remember sleeping beside anyone. When he opens his eyes, he was surprised to see Chanyeol sleeping soundly.

Baekhyun couldn't help but smile. All his worries about last night disappeared and how he wishes this moment would last. His heart flutters by their closeness and even more to the fact that Chanyeol is hugging him right now. It feels like everything is perfect.

"Baekhyun..."

Baekhyun's heart skips a beat as he watches Chanyeol opens his eyes. He smiles at Baekhyun and gives him a peck on his cheek. Baekhyun, shocked by everything that's happening, couldn't even react or complain at the sudden act. But Baekhyun's smile disappeared when he remembers his confession last night.

He immediately moves away, which surprised Chanyeol. "About last night... what I said---" he was cut off when Chanyeol gets up and goes to the washroom. Baekhyun waits for him to comeback, feeling uneasy and awkward because of what he said. "I could've said something better but why the hell did I say that..." he mumbles.

When Chanyeol comes back, he's holding a small first aid kit. That's when Baekhyun realizes that his whole body aches and the memories of what happened last night flashes back. Before he starts to tremble, Chanyeol holds his hand. "Hey, calm down. I'm just going to treat your wounds" Baekhyun nods and looks down.

Chanyeol smiles and lifts his chin as he starts treating Baekhyun's wounds. "So tell me, what really happened to you last night" Baekhyun looked into his eyes. He is debating whether he should tell him the whole truth, including what he and Kyungsoo talked about.

Baekhyun bit his lip while Chanyeol waited for his response. "I was about to go home from the meeting when I saw this drunk man unable to go home..."

[flashback]

After Kyungsoo left, somehow Baekhyun couldn't feel his legs. He was frozen on the spot. For the second time of this year, his heart starts to feel heavy. It's not like he expected anything from Chanyeol, it's not as if he really believed the giant when he announced to his friends that Baekhyun is his. Or maybe Baekhyun assumed a little bit.

Maybe Baekhyun assumed that Chanyeol's efforts really meant something than just a friend.

Baekhyun gulps another glass of wine. Followed by another one until he finishes the whole bottle. "I should stay away from Chanyeol. I'll just thank him for all the good things he did for me and leave. Yeah.." he is about to stand up when his body gave up on him.

"Hey, you okay?" The waiter asks him and helps him stand up. Baekhyun lightly smiles, "yeah.. thanks" before they could leave, they heard a loud crash just across the table. Another drunk man is making a scene. The waiter sighs, "he's back at it again"

Baekhyun looks at the waiter then back to the man. "Why? What's wrong?" The waiter turns to him, "he's always here to get drunk, not minding if this is a high class restaurant. We can't ban him since he pays more than what he buys. But the thing is, we have to take him home every night. Unfortunately, no one can do that tonight."

Baekhyun nods in understanding. He moves away from the said waiter. "I'll take him home" The waiter was surprised, he knows that Baekhyun can't even handle himself then how can he take this stranger home? As if Baekhyun can read minds, he answers, "I'm still not in the mood to go home and besides, who can better understand each other than two people with broken hearts, right?"

Baekhyun immediately regrets his decision after he and the stranger got to the condominium. Throughout the whole trip, Baekhyun came to know this man's name: Park Jungsoo or people call him Leeteuk. His wife left him for another man because she thinks Leeteuk cannot provide her needs specifically her needs for affection. Leeteuk is a businessman and is mostly found in his office. He isn't expressive, thus the lack of need that his wife wants.

Honestly, Baekhyun pities this man, but he just hates it when he thinks that Baekhyun is a girl.

"Okay, Leeteuk. I'm going to leave you now. Stop
drinking please! If she doesn't want you anymore then move on!" Baekhyun advises, as if that was so easy to do. He is about to leave when Leeteuk grabs his hand. The grip was so tight that made Baekhyun fall down.

"You girls don't understand what a man has to go through just because you don't want us anymore!" Leeteuk shouts as he sits on top of Baekhyun. "Hey! Get away from me!" Baekhyun tries pushing him away, but the anger on Leeteuk's face made Baekhyun realize that this is getting serious. "I'm going to teach you a lesson!"

Before Baekhyun could even react, Leeteuk started punching him.

It's not because Baekhyun is weak that he couldn't defend himself, but in that moment, all his father's beating when he was still a child flashes back. All his fears and trauma surfaced that he couldn't do anything.

He always hated it when his father hurts him. Mr. Byun is an alcoholic and every night when he goes home, he would always hurt Mrs. Byun. Whenever Baekhyun sees this, he would pretend to be his mom and takes the beating in her place.

But even if Mr. Byun isn't drunk, he would still beat Baekhyun for trivial reasons such as a failure in his exam. Unknown to the young Baekhyun, he was able to create another persona. A side of him that can protect him and his loved ones. A persona that is far more stronger than Baekhyun.