Chapter Fifty One

Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun after the meeting ended. "Hey, um. Do you want to have dinner first before we go home?" Kyungsoo can see that Baekhyun is tipsy and he understands why because Baekhyun isn't the type to drink a lot. Baekhyun looks at the latter, "s-sure Kyungsoo!"

Kyungsoo walks first to the car. He smirks, "you know Baekhyun, all meetings are like this. You shouldn't be weak" he looks at Baekhyun who just smiles like an idiot at him. "T-thanks Kyungsoo! I-I learned a lot today.. I couldn't thank you enough."

Kyungsoo pats Baekhyun's shoulder. "You got a friend in me, remember that" he then hops in followed by Baekhyun.

They entered an expensive looking restaurant where Kyungsoo offered wine to his new "friend". "Try this, it's Chanyeol's favorite" Baekhyun looks at the drink, though hesitant, he doesn't want to ruin the mood between him and Kyungsoo so he decides to have a taste.

"It's good isn't it?" Kyungsoo asks and takes a sip. Baekhyun smiles and nodded. "So, tell me. What's your status?" Baekhyun's smile faded, "status?" Kyungsoo smiled sweetly, he's trying to win Baekhyun's stupid brain.

"Yeah, with Chanyeol. I know you love him"

Baekhyun's cheek turned extra pink (thanks to Kyungsoo's statement and the mix of liquior). "I.. We..." before he could respond, Kyungsoo laughs. "You do know that his mom doesn't know that he's gay right?" Baekhyun pauses, somehow he felt sober. He looks down and didn't notice Kyungsoo's smirk. Kyungsoo can read people easily just like Chanyeol, they were trained to be this way. By the way he observed Baekhyun, he knows that the latter is weak. He is so fragile that even words can break him apart and that's what Kyungsoo decides to do. He should break Baekhyun so he would leave Chanyeol and everything could be back the way it is.

Kyungsoo takes a bite of the steak and speaks again. "He has to take over the company and him being gay could ruin all his and his mother's hardwork." Baekhyun gulps, he didn't think about this clearly.

He knows their feelings are mutual, but then again, never did Baekhyun wanted to take everything from Chanyeol. He never wanted Chanyeol to have a hard time. Baekhyun is not the type to prioritize himself. He wants Chanyeol to succeed and to be happy.

"We are not dating Kyungsoo. We're just really close friends" he answers. He wants to leave, he lost his appetite already. This is the other harsh reality he is in. Even though Chanyeol was always there for him, even if he confessed, even if he kissed Baekhyun a lot of times, Baekhyun does not have the assurance that Chanyeol really loves him. Only he has this sure feelings towards the giant.

Kyungsoo chuckles. "Good. I got scared because I thought you'll be my rival." Baekhyun's eyes widen and turns to Kyungsoo. "I don't know if I should tell you this directly, but Chanyeol and I love each other. We just can't be together due to our circumstances but I'm not giving him up." Kyungsoo adds and waits for Baekhyun's expression. Baekhyun doesn't know why he's hearing this, Kai was right all along. Kyungsoo is special and Baekhyun should have seen it. They way he caught them at the office should really be the sign that he can't fall for Chanyeol. But he was too dumb to realize.

Baekhyun fakes a smile, too fake that Kyungsoo couldn't help but smirk. "Don't worry Kyungsoo! Um. I.. I.. I won't be a bother. I just really need some money and I owe him a lot that's why I'm around" Baekhyun isn't the type to lie, he knows he should have said something better but he is also aware that he is not in the position to fight for his feelings.

Kyungsoo nods, "that's good to hear. I hope you'll support me on this one Baekhyun. Thank you" before Baekhyun could react, Kyungsoo stands up and leaves.

Chanyeol is driving as fast as he can. He was so busy with his work that he didn't realize that Baekhyun is gone and how he even ended up in a stranger's condominium.