Chapter Forty Three

Taehyung looks away, "does that matter?" Chanyeol was speechless, he never thought that it could be possible. "But.. you're him. How can you love the original?" Taehyung frowns, "I don't know!! I never wanted this okay. I never wanted to be just his replica. I.. I wanted to be more.. fck why am I even explaining this to you, you wouldn't understand"

Chanyeol takes a deep breath and thinks, "you know I would.. out of all the people, I'm the one who knows how it feels to love someone you're not supposed to love." But instead, Chanyeol says this, "so is that the main reason why you don't like me?" Taehyung didn't answer and kept the frown on his face.

Chanyeol sighs, "fine. Let's just do what I need to do, I'm doing this for Baekhyun" Taehyung looks at him, "after this, leave Baekhyun alone. Go with your Kyungsoo." Chanyeol didn't answer but instead grabs Taehyung's arms to face him. "I'm only allowing this for Baekhyun" Chanyeol nods, "same"

Taehyung closes his eyes and somehow he looked like the usual Baekhyun. Chanyeol couldn't help but smile, somehow even if he wouldn't admit it, he misses the latter. "Baekhyun ah... Baekhyun ah.. come back"

"Baekhyun"

"Baekhyun, it's me Chanyeol"

"Come to me, Baekhyun.."

"I miss you so much.."

Chanyeol was surprised by what he said but what surprised him is that Taehyung lost consciousness. "Baekhyun? Baekhyun ah. Wake up! Wake up! Baekhyun!"

He moves Baekhyun closer to him and hugs him. "Baekhyun, are you there? Can you hear me?" Chanyeol's heart started to beat faster, he doesn't know why but he is worried that maybe Baekhyun won't be back. "Baekhyun.. I need you here.. come back"

But there is still no response. Chanyeol starts to shake the smaller's body. "Baekhyun, we need you. Your mom needs you, I need you. I've been waiting for days and I have a lot of things to tell you.. so please, come back. Let's face this together, I'm always on your side. Trust me..."

"Baekhyun..."

"Baekhyun..."

Suddenly, Baekhyun's beautiful eyes opened. Chanyeol smiles, but before he could believe it, he checked it first and fortunately, the eyes were full of love but there is already a bit of sadness. "Baekhyun-ah.." he calls making Baekhyun smiles, "do you know.. how much I love it when you call my name?" Baekhyun weakly answers, making Chanyeol smile.

He immediately hugs the smaller, so tight Baekhyun can barely breathe. "Are you okay? Are you hungry?" He asks, Baekhyun lightly smiles and shakes his head. "I'm fine.." he looks around then back to Chanyeol. "Why are we here?"

Chanyeol chuckles, "because you were asleep for so long I got worried. Luhan told me to take you here" Baekhyun nods, he then realized how close they were and immediately moves away. He could feel his heart pounding loudly, he starting to feel that Chanyeol can hear it.

Chanyeom looks at him confusion, "why? Is there a problem?" Baekhyun's cheeks turn pink, "w-why are we so close?" Chanyeol laughs, something that can melt Baekhyun's heart. "Did you forget? You're mine."

Baekhyun's eyes widen, "n-no.. that's..." Chanyeol stands up and starts to walk to Baekhyun who is walking away from him. "There is no use in running away Byun Baekhyun. I know you have feelings for me, remember? And I---" he pauses when he remembered what he told Baekhyun before and what he just did a few hours ago.

Baekhyun stops when he bumps on the door. His heart is beating fast and he doesn't understand what's happening at all. He also noticed the sudden change in Chanyeol's expression. He starts to pant since the beating of his heart is not stopping. Chanyeol bit his lip and looks at Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun, I need to tell you something"

Before Baekhyun could respond, the door opened, pushing Baekhyun to Chanyeol. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and he was surprised to see guilt and confusion in the taller's eyes. Chanyeol was able to catch Baekhyun and saw his anticipation and felt the beating of the smaller's heart. But what they did not expect is to see Luhan, with his forehead sweating and loud panting.

"Baekhyun's mom... she's gone"