Chapter Fifty Six

Baekhyun's heart was divided into two: happiness and sadness. He's happy because he is now sure that Chanyeol loves him back but sad because he can't be with him since Kyungsoo already claims Chanyeol.

"But.. aren't you dating Kyungsoo?" The words slipped through Baekhyun's mouth. He was surprised so he cups his mouth but Chanyeol laughs anyways. "Seriously, why do you believe everything that Kai tells you?"

Baekhyun pauses, "Kai..?" Chanyeol turns to him and nods. "Yeah! I know he told you that I have feelings for Kyungsoo but that's not true. I mean, I did, but not anymore."

Baekhyun sits, "what???" Chanyeol laughs at Baekhyun's cuteness. He never thought he'd see the little puppy react this way. He cups Baekhyun's face, "let's date starting today! You're officially mine and I'm yours"

"B-but..."

Chanyeol raised his eyebrow, "what you don't want to?" Baekhyun looks down, Kyungsoo's words are echoing inside his head once again. "But.. they don't know you're gay."

Chanyeol pauses, he didn't expect this kind of answer from Baekhyun but the puppy has a point. But Chanyeol feels different, like for once, he should fight for what he feels and just follow his heart. He holds Baekhyun's hand. "I'll fight for you, for us. I don't care what they say, Baek. What matters is that I'm with you"

But the confused expression on Baekhyun disappoints Chanyeol. He takes a deep breath, smiles and nods. "I can wait for your decision. Whenever you're ready, I'm always around"

The ride back home is rather quiet. Chanyeol regrets that he has to make things awkward but he knows that he should tell it to Baekhyun anytime soon.

Baekhyun is confused as hell. His mind and his heart are saying two very different things. He starts to overthink everything. What will happen if they go out together? What will Mrs. Park say? What about Kyungsoo? Luhan? Even Eunji? Or, even worst, Taeyeon? He then also considers his mother in heaven. Baekhyun face palms that starts to worry Chanyeol as well.

"Hey, Baek.."

Baekhyun immediately turns to him, but he looks stressed as ever. Chanyeol smiles, "can you calm down? I'm not in a rush okay. We have all the time in the world" Baekhyun sighs. "Calm down?! Have you ever thought this through!!"

Chanyeol was once again, surprised by Baekhyun's answer. "Of course I do! I mean, we both love each other, so what's the point of delaying it?" Baekhyun shakes his head. "You don't understand. We are not just like everybody, we're both males! That's not usual!"

Chanyeol nods, "I'm willing to take that risk, Baek. Believe it or not, when I tell you how I feel about you, I mean it. I have never really gone out with someone with the same gender or experience what love is since I'm not a normal person but I'm willing to try." Baekhyun is so stressed that he just decides to look by the window.

"He doesn't understand. He's so stupid" he thinks.

When they reached Chanyeol's apartment, even if Baekhyun resists, Chanyeol insisted on holding his hand. Chanyeol never knew it could feel this fun when you can publicly hold the hand of the person you love. But his happiness didn't last until they saw his mother by the door.

She frowns upon seeing their hands together and glares at Baekhyun who shook his head and tries to remove his hand but Chanyeol didn't allow him. Mrs. Park turns to Chanyeol instead. "What's the meaning of this?"

Chanyeol takes a deep breath. She has to know the truth, after all these years of pretending to be straight, of following her orders, he realizes that he needs to be happy too.

"Mom, I'm dating Byun Baekhyun"