ii. Leather Jacket Day

"You're kidding me. Sana is going to be performing in the talent show?"

Nayeon scribbled down more notes from Chemistry that she recorded from her phone that was laying untouched on her desk. She was relief and a good thing the teacher spoke clearly. Nayeon could feel the words she wrote down just by the movement of her hands. Not all of her senses her completely lost. She felt that the other senses were heightened just because she lost one of them. To her, perhaps it was to make up for the lost.

"Yeah, I heard it from a punch of freshmen. They're like her fanbase or something." Jeongyeon scoffed. "A bunch of sad ducklings, if ya ask me."

"I would've never guessed that she has a "fanbase," Nayeon air-quoted with her fingers. "But she extremely is popular. I think half the school drools over her." Nayeon chuckled, shaking my head.

"She ain't that hot." Jeongyeon rebutted, spitting out a piece of her game. The pair laughed.

"Are you living under a rock? Have you seen Sana Minatozaki?"

"Umm..have you?" Jeongyeon laughed even louder, choking on air.

Nayeon faked a gasp, dropping her pencil to hold a hand over her heart in utter shock. "That's another point to how many times you've casually insulted me."

"Okay, but to be honest. I didn't expect that to come out so randomly." Jeongyeon looked behind her shoulder, towards Nayeon who was still scrawling notes.

Nayeon laughed, sighing out loud and cold air blew back to her face. She imagined her breath would turn into a cluster of white smoke as she puffed out her boredom with heavy sighs. The day was young; short and tedious with a hint of dreariness.

The air was chilly and the clouds were blocking the sun, bringing only the light in the sky. Autumn leaves falling; the sound of them crunching, when people step on them could be heard. Thanks to Nayeon's sudden bionic hearing, she thought it sounded like cereal and when it comes in contact with milk. The weather gave her a somewhat Twilight ambiance.

The twosome was on the bleachers at the football field, doing some class work. Nayeon was actually doing work while Jeongyeon was watching the football players and cheerleaders practice. They didn't exactly understand why they would always come there to hang out since Nayeon's biggest bullies practically owned the entire playing field, but it was just as much as theirs as anyone else's.

"Anyways, if anything. You're WAY hotter than she is, Nabongs."

"What? Now you're being delusional, Jeong."

Nayeon shook her head, leaning against the bleachers and kicking her feet back to get comfortable in the frosty weather.

"Hey! But I am serious. You're amazing personality could never compete with her."

"My oh-so-amazing personality is the only thing she doesn't have then?"

Nayeon already know the answer to her own question. Many people, including Sana, never liked her for her disability to begin with. She could remember the day when she first came to high school like it was yesterday. That was also the day when she had a a near physical encounter with Tzuyu for the first time and their encounter wasn't pleasant.

"Hey, blind girl. Gimme your lunch or I'll punch the shit out of you." A much smaller-sized Tzuyu came up to Nayeon, fists ready to aim when instructed.

The tall girl's voice was threatening and booming in the high school cafeteria. Nayeon hadn't been there for about 20 minutes and she was already fighting with Tzuyu like cats and dogs; or Tzuyu was the one trying to pick a fight with a brick wall. She barked out more incoherent things towards her while Nayeon sat there, quietly munching on her tuna sandwich.