v. 2 Busy 4 Me

Nayeon laid in her bed, trapped in a static dream. Penetrating the locks on her stiff was out of the question. A series of puzzling visions of a contorted figure played in her mind. It felt like a movie and Nayeon was the clueless friend who had only two lines.

Another nameless face was with her, their face was blurry, making it hard for even Nayeon to picture. Subdued in the intense dream, she felt hopeless, forced to watch herself interact with this mysterious person.

In spite of that, the figure she was with did not feel out of the ordinary. Their presence almost resonating comfort, sort of a hospitable feeling that reminded her of home. Nothing about their energy came off badly to Nayeon which made her intrigued to go further with the dream.

The images played before her, with the first one set in front of a house. She sat on the porch stairs with the nameless person. It looked like they were laughing together. No sound emitted at all, indicating that Nayeon wasn't able to hear anything they were saying.

It was just the two of them, laughing on the stairs of the front porch of an unknown house. Nayeon couldn't believe she was having one of these visions after how many years she lost her sight. The imagery felt and looked exceedingly surreal that it was scary.

Nonetheless, her seeing how happy her dreamlike self was pleased Nayeon. Her dreamlike self could actually see in the dream, hitting her with a hint of jealousy for such a mirage.

In a flash of lightning, the scenery completely altered and their outfits unaffected. Nayeon saw herself and the other person in front of an ice cream van. She was digging into mocha pan friend ice cream topped with oreo bits and whipped cream, and a single strawberry waffle stick on the side. Her dream self turned her head to see the other person buying a single chocolate cone. Catching the sight of that gave her a bit of nostalgia. She felt that she knew someone who favored that type of plain dessert.

Dawn was approaching; the pair sauntered down the sidewalk, munching on their frozen treats. They continued with their playful banters, hooting so much that even the dreamlike neighbors would've told them to quiet down. They walked miles on the sidewalk, seeming like they were going nowhere.

Gradually, the pavement faded out, its pallid color changing into a verdant texture. The image cleared up, showing that the pair was at a field, Nayeon's school's football field. She looked around, entranced with the giant empty field along with the chilling air. Instinctively, Nayeon wrapped her arms around herself, rubbing them for heat. She didn't expect the field to be this frothy let alone this humongous, physically feeling herself getting chills.

From a distance, Nayeon saw the nameless figure holding something that resembled the shape of a football, yet she wasn't certain. About to launch the object, blurryface said something to Nayeon but all she could see was their mouth moving and no sound coming out. She squinted her eyes, closely watching the movement of their mouth. Nayeon was an expert at reading lips, but it was easy to put two and two together.

Catch this..

The person threw the football, leaving their hand. As soon as they did, the image changed again. This time, Nayeon saw herself being thrown onto a bed, her bed. The same nameless face was on top of her. Terribly trying to peer through the hazed mask in front of her, but to no avail, Nayeon couldn't even make out an eye.

Next thing she knew, Nayeon was back at the field and the ball was hurdling towards her. Nayeon backed up, her eye on the ball. Once more, the scenario switched and she was in the bedroom with the figure on her. The images switched back and forth; as the ball neared Nayeon, so did the figure.

...if you...

She was stuck fighting between realms. Things began to spin out of control, the rapid images blinking faster than the minute. The figure reached for Nayeon's lips ever so slowly. Wanting to resist even the illusive temptation, Nayeon couldn't and felt herself giving in to them, closing her eyes as they came down.