vii. Talented Confession

The hours between the last class and the peak of Nayeon's performance felt like they were being dragged on, refusing to let them go for the day. Jeongyeon scowled at the wall clock that hung above the white screen, switching to check the time on the desktop of the teacher's computer to compare. The difference was only delayed by a minute, but the meager unlikeness of the two drove her up the wall. Removing her focus on the time, hoping to lessen her stress, she started playing with the pencil in her hand. Her thumb harshly pressed down on the upper body, glaring between the teacher and the ridiculing timepiece.

The sooner the bell would ring to release, the quicker Jeongyeon could start with her plan to win Nayeon's friendship back again; had even caused her to write up a detailed schedule for the day. Once the signal went off, Jeongyeon would rush and drive to get Nayeon's favorite flowers and have them wrapped in a bouquet.

Since the auditions started at 4 o'clock and Nayeon was miraculously stated to go last when they raffled for their numbers, and auditions were estimated to last about two hours, Jeongyeon should have enough time to get all the items she would need for the "Forgiveness Basket, as to what Jeongyeon called it. She could only wish that no complications arrive. The only problem was that the flower shop that contained those specific flowers were all the way across town and a nearing 45 minute drive there. Jeongyeon even planned out the route she would take to get there. She couldn't sleep that night, deciphering every motive she could take just to make it on time. That was the goal: To see Nayeon's audition & restore their friendship.

Momo's word of advice echoed back to her, like a tiny version of it was living inside her head. Picturing a pocket-sized Momo camping in a deserted corner of her brain where it was covered in cobwebs and dust and occasionally kicking a part of the gray matter in order to get it to think rationally, caused Jeongyeon to snicker to herself. Because the room was nearly flushed out by the lack of feedback the teacher was getting from the students, Jeongyeon's laugh was heard and out in the open.

A copious bundle turned from their seats to take a gander at what Jeongyeon found so funny when the entire lesson itself was wearing out their braincells. It was too late for Jeongyeon to take back anything. Even if she tried to whisper, it was still perceived as if she was talking. Trying to anchor her way down her seat, she pulled an apologetically humorous face, glancing at a few faces who chuckled back at her.

"What's your problem?" Sitting in front her was one of Jeongyeon's good friends, Irene. An arm rested on the back of her chair and she looked at Jeongyeon, wanting to know what she found interesting so that her boredom would possibly cease. She asked in a concerned matter, but the way her eyebrows were in a permanent furrow, made her look like she was glaring.

The truth was Jeongyeon didn't have an answer to that either. For some bizarre reason, it wasn't registering in her head why hearing that triggered something inside her. Jeongyeon stopped making eye contact with Irene and bit by bit stared into a white space.

What's my problem?

Realizing that her friend seemed suddenly looked out of it, Irene waved a hand over Jeongyeon's face. When she didn't respond, Irene started to pull a hysteric.

"Jeongyeon, are you alright?"

What IS my problem?

"Earth to Jeongyeon. Hellooo." Constantly waving both her hands now, Irene garnered more attention from her classmates. Soon, the teacher had to stop his instructions, losing his temper because he saw no one was listening to him anymore. Other people began calling out Jeongyeon's name so much that it sounded like squawking seagulls.

I don't know my own damn problems and I'm having more problems within those problems and it's all starting to pile up--

"Miss Yoo!"