XXX. Recollect (Part 2)

"I dunno who she is. Since you never really mentioned anything about her, I didn't really wanna let her in. I tried to stop her. She said she knew you."

Suzy ranted, waving her arms around like she was trying to shield herself in case Nayeon would approach her. But Nayeon didn't. All she did was nod at Suzy and thanked her. She walked into the apartment, shutting the door behind her.

Suzy stepped aside. She wanted to give them privacy but was glued to where she stood. Instead, she scurried over the stool and sat down, trying to make as little noise as possible.

"Tzuyu? I What are you doing here?" Nayeon asked, taking her AirPods out and stuffing them in their case. Her face was still sweaty.

Nayeon's tone was transparent of her disfavor in having Tzuyu's presence within five feet of her. She wanted Tzuyu to know that her being here was not welcome. Tzuyu did get the memo, staying quiet with a blank look on her stoic face.

The taller girl sighed and got up from the couch. Approaching Nayeon, she managed to keep some space in between them.

"Hello, Nayeon. I know this may seem odd to you of why I came all the way out here but I would like for us to reconcile."

The sound of Tzuyu's voice was hushed, assuming artless. From Nayeon's perspective, it was like she was genuinely sincere about this. It was hard to even imagine it but there she was, the taller girl was in her living room wanting to make ends meet. For whenever's sake it may be, at least they would stop despising one another for good.

Truth be told, Nayeon wasn't expecting tzuyu to ever show up in her life at all. Now the taller girl was in her living room, looking at her with pleading puppy-dog eyes. Nayeon couldn't stand that sight. It was weird to see Tzuyu show any emotion towards her other than pure rage and resentment.

Perhaps it was Nayeon's then to get mad, for Tzuyu to hear all the bottled up rage that she had since high school. But Nayeon couldn't bring herself to raise a hand at her since Tzuyu had never really physically abused her other than pushing her around. It might've been because Jeongyeon would do all the punching for her so it was her ego got into all the trouble.

If she was to fight Tzuyu, it would be more for Jeongyeon than for herself. She could care less about all the broken canes, the shoving against the lockers, and taunting when Jeongyeon wasn't around. What got her fired up was how she couldn't really stand up for herself, always seeming defenseless and weak. It's like Jeongyeon always had to fight Nayeon's battles, which although she appreciated, she hated at the same time.

"I don't see why you're here in the first place, Tzuyu. I mean there's nothing for you to apologize for, really."

Nayeon took Kookeu into her arms and led him to his bowl beside the refrigerator. Tzuyu observed Nayeon quietly. Her stare made Nayeon uncomfortable, disapproving of the taller girl's absurd attitude. Carefully, Nayeon poured some kibble into Kookeu's bowl. He munched away at it.

"You and I both know that there is a shit ton of apologizing to be done," Tzuyu replied.

With a sigh, Nayeon stood up to face Tzuyu. She thought about changing out of her sweaty clothes but then she didn't want to prolong Tzuyu's visit either. In conclusion, she would have to talk to the taller girl in her perspiring exercise clothes.

Suzy still remained in the room, immobile and extremely interested in their conversation. She did want to give them privacy but just couldn't rid her butt off the stool.

To ease the mood a bit, Nayeon went for the cupboards. She took out two bottles of wine that were a bit pricey to Suzy's taste but it actually didn't mean much to both Nayeon and Tzuyu. Suzy sat there, her mouth slightly agape. She rarely saw Nayeon ever drink and this would be the first time. Two bottles at that.