xx. Kiss & Tell

Right there, on the doorsteps of the person she least wanted to talk right now. Not that there was any resentment that was lingering towards the girl. Nayeon didn't even imagine herself to be in front of this house. The chilling air of the night was louder than ever, somehow finding its way up to Nayeon's shoulders. Shivering violently for a second, she sucked in a cold breath, holding them tightly to her.

After knocking, more like banging, on the door about two times, Nayeon waited in the cold.

What's taking her so long? She must be asleep already. I mean it is sort of late.

Just as about Nayeon was going to turn around and take the first step down, the door swung open. The sound was loud enough for Nayeon to stop. She was halted by a confused yet lighthearted voice.

"Nayeon? What are you doing at this time?"

To say the least, Jihyo was quite perplexed on why Nayeon had shown up in front of her doorstep. The way she looked right now indicated that she was not expecting company at this hour. She looked comfortable in her attire.

She need not take another glance at her outfit before rushing her inside without hesitation, worried that she was freezing her ass off.

Although Nayeon wasn't that cold to begin with, she complied, her body flying in first before her stick.

Jihyo shut the door softly behind her, pressing her back against the large door. Cup of tea in her hand, she briefly examined Nayeon's state. Clothes weren't too shabby. Her hair seemed a bit ruffled, not fully combed, but it wasn't a bird's nest. More than ever, Jihyo wanted to know Nayeon's purpose for coming here.

Remembering what she wanted to get out of her, Jihyo slightly took a gulp of air and pushed away from the door. Following the gasp and suddenly growing worry, Nayeon turned around, a blatant expression on her face. Jihyo opened her mouth to say something, but then quickly closed it. Out of habit. She stood there for a few seconds.

"Oh! You must be terribly cold. How long have you been standing outside?"

Jihyo sprinted to get Nayeon a blanket and rushed back to heat up the fireplace. The maids were already long gone since it was past their work time already.

"No, I'm alright. I just got here a few minutes ago."

Nayeon didn't need help finding the couch. The living room did feel rather huge to her, taking a little longer to find it. She only needed to feel around for something luxurious.

Watching on the side was Jihyo, looking over her shoulder every once in a while to see that Nayeon was doing and if she was able. Jihyo didn't want to crowd her so she continued to check on the fire. She fanned it with a piece of cardboard.

"Please don't mind the mess. Also the way I look right now. I obviously wasn't expecting you to show up so out of the blue.." Jihyo chuckled.

"It's totally fine. Don't sweat it. It's not like I can see you right now to be the judge."

Palms still out and searching for the couch. Nayeon touched something soft. She raised her hand and gave it a small smack. It was the couch. Relieved to have found it, Nayeon took a seat, trying to feel comfortable as she waited for Jihyo.

After it was heated for a few minutes, Jihyo jumped up, turning around. She clasped her hands together, looking at Nayeon. The other girl had her head down, fiddling with her fingers. There were no signs of sleepiness from what Jihyo could see. Taking a seat on a singular couch, Jihyo cleared her throat. This caught Nayeon attention, her ears twitching at the sound.

"So as I was saying, why are you here, Nayeon?" Jihyo instantly wanted to back her words, adding on to them to explain. "Not that I don't welcome you here, despite it being pretty late and without notice. But, umm.."