xxv. Epiphany

Nayeon was merrily chewing, snacking on her tuna sandwich. Across her was Dahyun and Momo nagging at each other. Every now and then, Momo tried to flirt with Dahyun, throwing a subtle compliment. The pastel-haired girl returned Momo's coyness with an annoyed eye roll, not bothering to entertain her. She went back to her food, reeling Momo to boost her game.

Watching her two friends go at it and knowing it was all in good fun warmed Nayeon. A small smile and little chuckle would come from her stuffed lips. The preoccupation on her friends was pulled away by her own girlfriend.

"Hey, babe. You never told me about how you did on th—"

Jeongyeon could see the teen girl coming in their direction but thought that staring was rude, turning her head away instead to indulge in a conversation with her girl. The thought didn't play out and she was actually stopping in front of their table, butting into their space.

"HEY, uhh..you guys. HI. I was wondering if you knew if this is actually Tzuyu Chou's shoe. I mean I heard that she was a size 9 but wore 2-inch heels that are 2 inches thick in width but my friend says it isn't. So I'm going around trying to prove a point."

She proudly held out the black shiny high heel like a dog presenting its fresh kill to their human. The entire group stopped themselves and turned their heads, quite disheveled with her claims. They couldn't take what just came from her mouth and the bizarre manner she took while invading their space was ludicrous.

Is this girl serious? Jeongyeon thought to herself, her eyes darting from her girlfriend to DahMo and then the heel.

Her eyes finally landed on the girl with an intensive toothed smile. The heel appeared to bedazzle with glitters in the cheap and jading cafeteria lights. A couple of minutes had already passed but the girl had her twisted smile in place, releasing an awkward air around them. She looked desperate to prove her friend wrong but the rest didn't know whether to play along with her or not.

Nayeon had been listening in to the conversation, noticing that a whip of tater-tots and low-end Victoria Secret's Sweet Seduction invaded her nostrils. That scent didn't belong to any of her friends so she became queasy. Her eyebrows naturally scrunched together in a puzzled expression.

Are we even allowed to say it's Tzuyu's? Momo looked between her girlfriend and Jeongyeon who had the same tense stare. As much as she wanted to piss the jock to get a kick out of her, she was already at wit's end with Jeongyeon and didn't want to make their situation worse.

The girls were in their own thought bubbles, deciphering within themselves whether to go along with this girl or break it to her. Someone had to eventually, why can't they?

"So do you think this could actually be Tzuyu's hee—"

The ditzy girl's excitable question was interrupted by the ringing of Nayeon's cellphone. She frowned from everyone's attention going to Nayeon. Jeongyeon caught the caller ID and blurted the name of the caller before Nayeon could tap the screen for voiceover to read it for her.

"It's Dr. Fan, babe."

"Ahh.." Nayeon mumbled, uncertain as to why it would be her doctor calling at this time.

Swiping across the answer, "Dr. Fan?"

"Yes, Nayeon. Hello."