xvii. Hit or Miss

Upon entering the place that Tzuyu was leading them to, the first thing that made contact with Nayeon's nostrils was a putrid smell, something of a combination of rancid milk and sweaty socks. The impactful odor caused Nayeon's airways to swell up to protect itself from the atrocious barnyard. Pausing to turn away to see if Nayeon was still following, Tzuyu saw that the girl had stopped to cover her nose. She groaned at the laughable sight, thinking how pathetic it was for her to be affected by something humans do regularly, sweat.

Tzuzyu went over to her and egged her to continue on. Nudging her with her forearm, Nayeon was pushed a step forward before walking again on her own. When Nayeon couldn't hear Tzuyu's footsteps, she stopped walking. She listened in for the sound of tiny stepping but a ruckus that resonated of metal hitting against each other and panting. It was evident that Nayeon and Tzuyu weren't the only people in the building.

The atmosphere's change of scent caught Nayeon's attention. She sniffed the air for a second, no longer getting whiffs of body odor and goat breath. The horrid smell had gone as fast as it had came. It smelled rather clean in here.

Following that Nayeon quickly heard were beefy grunts coming from every direction. Another sound that was mixed in was heavy panting, as if someone was out of breath from running a marathon. To say that Nayeon was confused of their whereabouts would be a portion of what she was thinking about in that instant. She didn't know which way to face since Tzuyu hasn't spoken a word since they stopped walking.

Finishing up her last check up with the worker at the front desk, Tzuyu waved them off, returning to the addled Nayeon who was making circles in place. Not knowing where to go and afraid to bump into anything that would cause her potential damage. Needless to admit, Nayeon was getting a bit dreary from the uncertainty of the place they were at. She called out for Tzuyu once but got no response.

"Tzuyu? Where are we? Where'd you go?"

Nayeon continued to spin around in circles, hoping that Tzuyu would grab her and lead her somewhere again. But she came to a halt when the only answer she had was the meddlesome grunts and noisy clangor.

Just when Tzuyu was going to meet Nayeon, a blonde lanky guy made his way over to the bewildered girl. He had a look of interest and a spark in his eye that meant nothing but mischief. He was doing, or wishfully, trying to do a set of chest presses but wasn't looking too good. He shot out of the seat as soon as he laid eyes on Nayeon. The other guy next to him jumped back from his spurt. That didn't stop the blonde toothpick from approaching Nayeon.

Tzuyu saw the look on the guy's rangy face and she didn't enjoy seeing that. She picked up her pace squeezed in between the two. Seeing how this stumpy fellow was more bones than meat and looked like he just started working out yesterday. Tzuyu didn't need to use much force in shoving him away before he could say anything to Nayeon. Him being a pushover was not wrong. The blonde went flying back, nearly tripping on his shoe laces. Tzuyu didn't wait for him to avenge himself, pulling Nayeon away from the rowdy hooligans pumping iron.

They need to watch who they let into this place. Looks like another employee to fire.

Reaching their personalized station, Tzuyu released Nayeon's wrist, falling to her side.  She had this whole thing set up to accustom to Nayeon's needs.

"Are you ready, Nayeon?" Tzuyu coughed, settling her hand on the giant punching bag hanging from the ceiling.

The same bewildered expression on Nayeon's face never left since they got there. She scrunched her eyebrows together, raising her palm.

Dumbfounded, she asked, "Ready for what? And where are we, Tzuyu?"

The taller girl's enthusiastic demeanor, excited to get ahead of teaching Nayeon the ropes, quickly faded at the mention of her question. Dropping her head, disappointed, Tzuyu gravely sighed. She shook her head several times before lifting it up to give Nayeon look of defeat.