iii. Rehearse

Nayeon wondered what would be on the menu for today. Sometimes the food could be really mouth-watering or really mouth-vomiting. Days where they follow the school healthy-eating guild lines made everyone queasy and other days they had other delectable food that was just to die for.

"Hurry up and line up, Nabongs! As much as I'm all about personal hygiene, I heard that they're serving veggie black bean stew!" Jeongyeon yelled at Nayeon over her shoulder as she hurried along to the front.

Nayeon was just in the moment of applying soap to her hands when a tug of her shirt followed after, involuntarily moving into the direction that she was being pulled into.

"My worse fear is coming true. You're turning into Momo."

Using the free arm Jeongyeon isn't tugging on, she dramatically drape it over my forehead, trying to slow her down. She groaned and made use of both her hands and yanked Nayeon into the cafeteria.

"What can I say? We're big eaters." Jeongyeon chuckled, finally pulling up at the front of the line.

Jeongyeon's obsession with food was worse than Momo's, another addition to their little circle of geeks. To Nayeon, she was the better geek than Jeongyeon and her combined because she could dance. That's something the pair couldn't do even if their lives depended on it. If they ever tried to break it down, they'd be the laughing stocks of the school. Unless they were already but that would only cause more weight on their social status. Whatever that may be. When Momo danced, it was like lighting; quick and flashy, but also oceanic; smooth as a coursing river. Compared to Jeongyeon and Nayeon, they were wet noodles just wobbling all over the place.

The two grabbed their food and head over to their usual where Nayeon assumed Momo would be sitting at. She was always one of the first teens to be early to lunch, copping them an entire table.

"Guys, over here!" Momo, in the middle of slurping, waved them over to.

"Wow an empty table. That's a first," Jeongyeon said to Nayeon.

The first thing you notice was the empty table and three whole trays with only one girl sitting there. The twosome sat down in front of Momo, who mumbled a 'hey' with a mouthful of noodles.

"Momo, is this all for you?"

Finishing up what she was eating, Momo cleared her throat. She pounded her chest once, coughing heavily, sounding more like a sneeze. "Yes," she stated as a matter of fact, as if it wasn't the most obvious thing in the world.

Nayeon chortle, breaking her chopsticks and digging into her rice. "Is that even surprising?" Momo ate more than Jeongyeon and her combined. Those two would occasionally have eating contests. It amazed Nayeon at times when she gets easily full after 2 slices of pizza alone.

"So what's on the agenda for today, you lov-"

Jeongyeon's head flew up, shooting a threatening glare at her friend. Momo was fast to catch her slip of the tongue. She dragged on the sentence, her voice lowering. Nayeon took her buffering as another Momo error and bit her soysauce chicken.

"LOVELY lost pair of souls?!"

Jeongyeon let out a small sigh but Nayeon managed to hear her beside her. Momo and Jeongyeon quickly laughed it off, Nayeon still clueless by what was so funny, didn't have any choice but to do a tiny snicker.

"Well, Jeong is gonna come over to help me rehearse for the talent show next week Friday."

"Oh yeah.." Momo paused to take a sip from her water, taking large gulps like it was air. "I heard about that."

"You mean you were asleep when they were announcing it in the loudspeaker and it woke you up." Nayeon laughed, feeling around for her spoon. Soon enough she felt Jeongyeon's hand holding it. Releasing it into Nayeon's larger hand. A muttered "Mmm" comes from Nayeon's left side when she thanked her best frend.