xxi. Word Doc

"By the way, do both your parents know?" Dahyun thankfully interfered, saving Jeongyeon's keister this time without knowing. Jeongyeon internally thanked her.

"Ahh.." Nayeon's grip on Jeongyeon's arm suddenly loosened when the flak with her mother this morning came rushing back to her. The atmosphere there was not bargained for but very much needed in Nayeon's case.

"That's actually what I wanted to talk about it.." Tilting her head a bit, getting Jeongyeon to look down at her.
"Jeong...I think we should tell my parents about us."

However, Jeongyeon was two steps ahead of the game. Not only did she think about what Nayeon's parents would say, but Jeongyeon had also already asked permission to date their daughter way before Nayeon thought of their situation.

"Way ahead of you, baby girl. I already got their permission."

Time wanted to have her way with Jeongyeon today. From all the days she could pick on her, time chose today would be perfect. She snickered behind her glass dome, watching the worrisome human bounce from every inch in her room. Trying to move faster than her hands ticked. Jeongyeon anticipated this rite of passage, unexpected of this moment to ever arrive.

She was finally going to ask Nayeon's permission to formally court their daughter. Jeongyeon has been a part of Nayeon's family since she met Nayeon and they were her go-to place to hang out. Always welcomed with open arms and tight embraces whenever she came home, Jeongyeon made their place a second home. There wasn't anything wrong with hers, it's just she liked spending time with Nayeon. In fact, Jeongyeon has known that she enjoyed spending time with Nayeon since they met.

Jeongyeon isn't one to care about her appearance nor put at least a quarter amount of effort into how she looks. A second glance out the window to check the sky and weather, Jeongyeon already had a feeling of what she was going to wear. And that was it.

But this was entirely different, the whole purpose of all her preparations. She even had how everything would plan out in her head. Knock on door, go inside, Nayeon's mother will ask Jeongyeon if she wants her to call Nayeon which Jeongyeon will decline, the three sit down on the couch, Nayeon's mother will ask what is it, then Jeongyeon states her biggest wish: to court Nayeon.

Her hair was patted down and combed thoroughly. Jeongyeon made sure that her outfit wasn't too casual but not extremely formal to give her herself away. Her body looked like it was moving faster than the hands of the clock. The last of her concerns vanished when she shoved a new pair of bought up her feet and nearly tripped her way down the stairs.

Car keys to a car she rarely used since she got her motorcycle, were already in her gripped hand. She wasn't going to take her motorcycle. Even though her parents have seen her ride that devilish contraption for years, Jeongyeon wanted to look presentable to them. She wanted to look like the person who is worthy of getting approval to court their daughter.

Making sure to lock up her bike in the garage before getting into her jeep. Jeongyeon calmly drove to Nayeon's house, hoping her parents were the ones to answer first instead of Nayeon. She wanted it to be a surprise if her parents were to approve.

Jeongyeon was at the foot of their doorstep, shaking out all of the nerves she had out of her fingertips. Bringing a hand up, she pressed the doorbell and waited. It didn't take long for her to be face to face with soon-to-be in-laws.

Uneasiness shot up her spine when Nayeon's mother looked at her with questioning eyes. But the expression washed away when spoke.

"Jeong? Oh, Nayeon is--"