xiii. Fight Club

"I want you to teach me how to fight."

Nayeon couldn't believe she was actually saying such a demand to someone of status like Chou Tzuyu. The wall of bravery she stacked up on slowly came tumbling down as quickly as the words came spewing from her mouth. Pressure from how intensely she gripped her hands slowly dissolved. A sense of feeling came back into her arms and blood began flowing again.

Tzuyu was stunned, to say the least, at Nayeon's outlandish request. The pair stood in place like the mannequins that were on display in the shop, facing each other. Their eyes locked on to one another's for the longest minute. While they were frozen on the spot, the business around them kept going and everything looked to be going at warp speed, the people resembling nothing but blurry blond of grey.

Clinging on to whatever was left of her affirmation with Sana's guiding words of wisdom, Tzuyu squeezed her fists tighter with every twitch her left eyebrow made. It was an indicator that was noticeable; a sign that she was at the tip of exploding.

"WHAT KIND OF FUCKING ANIME EPISODE IS THIS?"

Even the noisiest corners of the shop could receive the outpour of rage that came from the tall girl. A few people talking on their phones took their eyes off from where they were going to look at Tzuyu with a questioning look of detest, shortly going back to their conversations right after. It's not that she was angry at Nayeon's demand, but in itself was so bizarre to hear, coming from her. From the top of her head, Tzuyu could think of ten things the girl would want from her and fighting lessons wouldn't even make it to the top fifty items.

"I'm serious."

Tilting her head to give a convincing sales pitch to Tzuyu, Nayeon had even decreased her voice to a lower tone to sound threatening. Yet, Tzuyu felt less imperiled than how Nayeon intended. She wasn't even the slightest persuaded, surveying the girl up at down with critical eyes.

"B-But why do you want...that?"

Tzuyu tried her damnest not to laugh as she said it, hugging her stomach tightly to shut herself up. Reminding herself that of what Sana told her. In the moments they had spent talking, she wasn't surprised to see the two girls not back, assuming that Sana not only picked shoes but several outfits and ran into Mina at the fitting room. She couldn't help but feel a bit of curiosity rise to the surface, wanting to know more of the cause of Nayeon's inane desire.

    "To become stronger."
Nayeon stated as a matter of factly, unaware of the the impulsive tension around her hands. She was gritting them awfully hard, scared that she would lose this nerve she suddenly grew. Tzuyu took longer than expected to reply when Nayeon continued before long.
    "Isn't it obvious?"

Tzuyu gave the girl an intense look, deciphering whether or not Nayeon was truly settled with her plea that was knowingly out of character. Until now, despite how firm Nayeon's eyebrows were scrunched and the flood blowing into her palms was beginning to slow down the harder she squeezed her palms, Tzuyu wasn't fully swayed over. She thought that her aspiration wasn't enough for her to help her, or the idea of helping her rival didn't appeal to her. Did she want something out of this? Satisfaction that she didn't need to feel indebt to someone who was lower than her? Not looking like a terrible person in Sana's eyes?

Tzuyu had to think through with it, in spite of that; there wasn't much she had to think about. She did say that she would do anything in Nayeon's favor, no matter the size. Tzuyu would do that for her and could do it at the strike of her hand. They both know she had that capability to do so. Nayeon didn't have the connections herself to do such things but her parents did. Let alone, it was difficult to use that kind of power with them around. Still, she's never used it for her personal gain.