Chapter 1 - The New Kid

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN POKEMON AND ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED FOR THEIR PROPER CREATORS. ANY PICTURES I USE ARE ALSO NOT MINE.

CHAPTER 1 – The New Kid

SERENA'S P.O.V

*Chirp* *Chirp* *Chirp*

I slowly lifted my eyelids as there were bright sun rays seeping through my blinds. My head craned backwards as I checked the time.

WHAT THE HECK?! I realised it was 7:40, leaving me with 20 minutes to get ready and run straight to the bus stop.

I jumped straight out of bed, ran to my wardrobe and got out a black tank top with a white collar, a red skirt with pockets on either side, black leggings and a pink hat with a black ribbon that ran all around it. After grabbing my clothes, I dashed to the bathroom and quickly jumped in the shower, while grabbing my toothbrush. It was only 5 minutes before I hopped out and slipped my clothes on. I also forgot to mention, my name is Serena Yvonne and I'm 16 years of age, attending Kalos High which is known to be the most prestigious schools in the Kalos region, although we aren't that formal.

"Argh, waking up later than usual on the first day of school?! Now I'm rushing," I muttered under my breath as I checked my honey-blonde hair and looked deep at my own cerulean eyes in the mirrors.

As soon as I was satisfied with my presentation, I ran out of the bathroom and into my bedroom to collect my bag and books. I bolted for the kitchen, grabbed an apple and checked the time: 7:53. 7 minutes to catch the bus. It usually takes me 10 minutes to walk to the bus stop but I knew today was not a day to walk.

"Serena, you have to hurry! The bus is coming soon and you don't want to be late for your first day back!" my mum urged me as she gave me some lunch money.

"Yeah! I'm skipping breakfast for today; bye mum!" I yelled while closing the door behind me. I heard a faint voice, assuming it was mum replying.

My legs took off for the bus stop with lightning pace. I never knew I could run so fast. After a little running and occasionally biting my apple, I saw the bus stop come into view, with a few silhouettes, guessing they were my friends. As I reached the bus stop, I grabbed onto the lamppost to catch my breath. "With one minute to spare!" I said, sounding breathless. Which I was.

"Hey Serena! Strange, you aren't usually late," May said. May was wearing her everyday outfit, consisting of a red shirt, with a navy semicircle under the collar which connected with a white mini-skirt, covering a part of her blue shorts. She also accompanied her outfit with a red bandana and white and navy gloves.

"Uh... Well, I kind of slept in and rushed my way out here. I even skipped-"  I started before Dawn yelled, "The bus is here!"

As I got on the bus last, there were only a few seats left. I noticed all my other girlfriends were sitting next to each other and the person sitting in the closest seat within my friends' vicinity was none other than: Gary Oak. Gary wears a basic black collared t-shirt and purple pants. He had spiky brown hair. I didn't mind Gary, but I have to admit, he can be a pain in the Tauros sometimes. So I decided to sit next to him.

"Wassup goldilocks," he said as I sat down. "Uh, hey Gary," I sweatdropped. As soon as I sat down, he continued the conversation with, "Hey! Did you know were getting a new kid that's in our year. Apparently he came from Kanto, my old hometown," he said. I realised Gary had said it a bit too loud as every one of my friends including the guys (Drew, Kenny and Clemont) all got up from their seats.

"REALLY!?" we all yelled in unison. Gary simply nodded.

I could hear something along the lines of "I wonder if he's cute or not"
, or, "I wonder if he's smart" amongst my friends as they all sat down and whispered to each other. These whispers were immediately stopped once the bus came to an abrupt stop. I looked out the window and realised we were at school.