Chapter 10 - School Trip and Suspicions

CHAPTER 10 - School Trip and Suspicions

SERENA'S P.O.V

"Serena Yvonne! Wake up! You're going to be late," I heard someone yell into my ear. I felt like my eardrums had just bursted. It's now the Tuesday 2 weeks after the beach day.

"A few more minutes," I groggily said.

"No! Not 'a few more minutes'. It's 8:00!" she responded. I instantly shot up, looking at the clock, realising she wasn't lying.

"Oh no! I'm going to miss the bus," I yelled, jumping out of bed.

"C'mon hurry up!" Mum shouted.

"Argh there's no use. I'm going to miss the bus anyways, so I might as well walk," I defeatedly said. Mum just sighed and walked out saying, "Well hurry up."

quickly whipped on my day clothes, grabbed my bag and looked at myself in the mirror. Argh, my hair is a complete mess. I walked out into the kitchen, trying to fix my hair. I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and made my way to the door. I looked at my watch which read: 8:12. Man I hate being late.

I whipped out a mirror which reflected my bad hair day. I tried to fix it with my bare hands and saliva. Unfortunately it didn't work out too well so I gave up. Today's going to suck.

---

"Hey Serena!" I heard as I walked through the gates. I turned around to see Dawn waving at me, while the others were conversing. I smiled and walked over.

"Oh hey Serena, why weren't you on the bus?" Ash asked. I sighed.

"I woke up really late. Like really late," I replied, sounding irritated. Gary seemed to notice my horrendous appearance.

"Woah, you look like a complete mess today," Gary remarked. I glared at him, forcing to back off a little

"You don't say, captain obvious," I replied, still sounding irritated.

"What's wrong Serena? You don't sound like your usual self," Ash questioned, sounding concerned. I sighed again.

"Well, first of all, I'm not my usual self and second of all, I'm like this because I HATE being late and feeling rushed," I replied. "So if I sound angry throughout the whole day, please excuse me..." I trailed off. The whole group seemed to be understanding of my situation.

"Don't sweat it Serena, I hate the feeling of being late too," Dawn comforted. I smiled just before the bell rang, calling us to our first lesson; which for me, was Maths. Yay... Maths...

---

It's now the fifth period; the one before lunch. My mood has lightened up a lot since this morning. I'm in Geography and I'm expecting the bell any moment now; letting us out to lunch.

"Attention, all Year 10 students. Please meet in the auditorium at the start of lunch, thank you," I heard, coming from the P.A system. I looked over to May and the others to see that they were just as confused as I was. I wonder what it is.

"Well, I'll let you guys out early since the bell will go any second now. So class dismissed," Professor Rowan ordered. We all packed up and started piling out of class. On our way to the auditorium, the bell rang.

Once we were inside, I noticed Ash and the other guys standing there. I signalled the girls to walk over there.

"Oh hey Serena," Ash smiled. I smiled back. I noticed he was all sweaty, alongside the other guys. I raised an eyebrow.

He noticed my action and said, "Oh sorry I'm all sweaty and stuff because I just had Gym class with the guys. What did you just have?"

"Oh that's okay. I just had Geography," I replied.