Chapter 29 - Uniting

CHAPTER 29 - Uniting

ASH'S P.O.V

It has been 3 weeks since the start of the fresh term and Serena and I are about to present our clay pot. I have to admit, we did a fantastic job on the pot. It was well melded; the shape of it was near perfection and the Poke Ball and flower patterns perfectly complimented it.

"Look at this masterpiece, everyone!" Professor Elm announced as everyone jerked their heads towards him. Everyone's eyes lit up upon seeing our clay pot.

"This pot has been made to an outstanding standard," the Professor praised. I couldn't help but smile at our work.

"For this, there's no doubt this is an A+ level pot. Ash and Serena, you have both received an A+ for this fine piece of work," Professor Elm said. My eyes widened upon hearing his words. I glanced at Serena who looked just as happy.

"We did it!" Serena happily yelled as she gave me a high five before we walked back to our table.

"Good job, you two," Misty praised. Serena and I both smiled before I realised that May's attention was elsewhere. She was contently staring at something so I followed her line of vision to realise that she was staring at Alain. I tapped Serena on the shoulder and whispered, "Hey, look at who May's staring at."

"What?" she quietly asked before she realised what I did. "No..." she said. I let out a light chuckle and turned to the guys. That's when I saw Drew frowning. I had noticed this over the past weeks. Every time that May would say or look at Alain, Drew would frown. Could it be? No way...

---

On our way to Maths, I decided to tell Serena what I noticed.

"Serena, have you ever realised that Drew looks troubled whenever May talks to or looks at Alain?" I asked. Her head jerked towards me and said, "Really?"

I nodded before she gasped. "Do you think that Drew, possibly...?" I questioned.

"It has to be," Serena sternly responded, "Do you think we should confront them about it?"

"Um... Why don't you talk to May and I can talk to Drew? We could do it at lunch," I suggested. She nodded as we finally reached the classroom.

As we entered the classroom, I noticed that, out of all people, Alain was conversing with Miette. I thought it was odd by I shrugged it off as I got to our table. Again, May was eyeing Alain and Drew looked troubled. I poked Serena's arm and pointed to the both of them before she let out a soft giggle.

---

"Are you ready?" I asked Serena, just after I finished my lunch. She nodded and we decided to put our plan into action.  So I got up and whispered to Drew.

"Hey, can I talk with you for a sec?"

The green-haired boy got up and walked over to a tree with me.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Okay. Tell me the truth. Do you like May?" I questioned. He looked taken back by the sudden question. "Tell me, Drew."

"Okay, fine. Yeah I do, why though?" he inquired.

"It's just that, every time that May talks to Alain or looks at him, I notice that you always frown or look jealous," I explained.

"Oh..." he trailed off, "It's just that, I've had a crush on May for the longest time now but I've never had the courage to tell her. I don't know if it's the fear of rejection that's stopping me or what. Then this Alain guy comes in and she's interested in him."