Chapter 4 - Intentional Pain

CHAPTER 4 – Intentional Pain

SERENA'S P.O.V

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

I woke up to the sun rays penetrating my eyelids. I slowly turned around while trying the rub he sleep out of my eyes and turned off my alarm. My eyes started clearing before seeing what time it was. 7:21am. Argh... I don't want to get out of bed... Why does Mondayitis exist? (A/N: FYI, Mondayitis is that lazy feeling you always get, waking up on a Monday)

After showering I made sure my appearance looked presentable. There was one thing I noticed that was missing. After looking at myself in the mirror for a few seconds, realisation slapped me in the face. My hat! I ran back and started rummaging through my room. No cigar...

"Must've left it at Ash's house," I muttered. Man I wish I had his number or something like that so I could tell him to bring my hat. Maybe he noticed it was there...

After realising that, I rushed downstairs to eat breakfast. I took a whiff of what smells like bacon and eggs.

"Mum! You made my favourite, thanks" I said as she threw me a plate filled with bacon and eggs.

I soon finished breakfast and started to walk towards the bus stop. I checked my watch to realise that I had missed the bus about 3 minutes. Sighing in frustration, I decided to walk to school, since it would be quicker than waiting for another bus.

"Man... What can go worse today? Losing my hat and now missing the bus?" I murmured to myself.

ASH'S P.O.V

"Hey Dawn, where's Serena? Isn't she with you guys?" I asked Dawn as she and May hopped onto the bus. She just shrugged and started walking up before I sighed in disappointment. Before I knew it, she was in my face again, with a devious smile.

"Why do you want to know? Do you miss her?" she said with a sly tone.

The questions caught me off guard as I found myself blushing and looking away before saying, "No! It's just that, she forgot her hat at my house, since she came over for our project."

Dawn was now clearly interested in what I had just said so she took a seat next to me.

"So... What did you guys do besides the project...?" she asked deviously.

"Um... We played games and had lunch. That's about it," I replied, clearly knowing where this conversation. Wait... WHY DID I SAY I HAD LUNCH WITH HER? NOW DAWN'S GOING TO ASK MORE QUESTIONS. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.

"Oh lunch I see... Was it romantic?" she queried, shooting a wink.

"No! It was just a normal lunch that my mum prepared," I answered defensively while blushing, "So can we drop it now?"

"Aw, you're no fun," she remarked before walking off and sitting next to one of the girls.

I sighed in relief since I just avoided the embarrassment that was coming my way. Arceus... Girls can be really nosy sometimes.

---

SERENA'S P.O.V

I finally managed to walk to school. I just went straight to my locker to grab some books for my first few lessons.

I closed my locker and re-locked it. I started walking to my first class, but that's when I heard something getting slammed into the lockers behind me. I quickly turned around to see what the commotion was. My eyes widened as I recognised who was being assaulted. My eyes flicked over to the assaulter. It was Ethan, the school bully. He'd always manage to somehow get off his punishments only because his father was a teacher here.