Chapter 31 - Broken Hearts

CHAPTER 31 - Broken Hearts

*WARNING* Coarse language is used in this chapter.

SERENA'S P.O.V

No... This can't be happening. The boy I love. Is kissing Miette?

"Ash?!" I said. I couldn't contain it anymore. My heart felt like it was about to explode into a million pieces. My eyes kept watering, no matter how hard I tried resisting it; it just kept pouring. Ash, why...? I thought you loved me... I loved you... With all my heart...

My heart kept pounding into my chest; it never stopped. It was like a heart attack.

"Serena!" Ash yelled, breaking away from Miette and shoving her to the ground.

"It's not what you think!"

He ran over and pulled me into an embrace. I could no longer feel the warmth every time he hugged me. That comforting warmth turned into bitter cold. My passion deceased. My will died. "Serena!" he shouted again. I mustered all of my strength and pushed him away. I never thought I'd ever say this to my true love. My ex-true love, now.

"We are over," I coldly stated before I started running down the hallway, with rivers of tears gushing down my face. It hurt so badly. My feelings and emotions were all over the place. I couldn't believe that my Ash. My Ash! Was kissing a girl; that wasn't me. My heart finally shattered into pieces.

I kept on running, far away from the school before I finally found a bench that was isolated. That's exactly how I felt right now; completely isolated from people. Singled out.

Tears kept streaming down my face and there weren't any signs of stoppage. I didn't care anymore. I just let it all out. I screamed until my voice box almost broke; making my screams inaudible.

I remembered every single bit of our relationship. It was now over. My true love is gone.

The time when he took care of me in hospital. The time he first came to my house for dinner. The time I talked with him about his nightmares. The time I realised my true feelings for him. The time I thought I lost him at camp. The time I finally found him. The time he saved me and comforted me. The time he cured me from the trauma. The time I yelled at him but apologised. The time he slept on the same bed with me. The time he cuddled me. The time he bought me the birthday present. The time we both confessed our love. The time he took me to the theme park to cheer me up. The time we had our first official date. The times we kissed, hugged, held hands, and embraced each other in love.

They all felt as if it all happened yesterday. He was always there, with me. To get through it, together. But now, it's all gone. My true love is gone.

ASH'S P.O.V

"SERENA!" I shouted as she ran down the hallway. I tried chasing her, to be stopped by Alain.

"Get out of my way!" I snapped, trying to shove him aside. He resisted and consequently, pushed me back to the ground.

"Stay away from her! Do you know how much you've just hurt her?!" Alain retorted.

"What do you know?! She's my girlfriend!" I yelled.

"She was your girlfriend," he stated. Those words hit me. They hit me hard; like a sledgehammer right into the face. My chest started hurting and felt heavy. Tears started to form in my eyes. She was my girlfriend.

"We are over," is what kept repeating through my head. Those 3 words destroyed me. Serena was no longer my girlfriend. And I was no longer her boyfriend. I looked back at Miette, who was still on the ground. I finally released all of my grievance.