Chapter 24 - Holiday Plans

CHAPTER 24 - Holiday Plans

ASH'S P.O.V

*Ding* *Ding* *Ding*

"Okay, class dismissed. Enjoy your holidays, everyone and remember to write your essays during the holidays," Professor Birch said, while standing from his seat. The whole class erupted into cheers since the day had just ended and the holidays have officially commenced.

"Woo! It's the holidays!" I excitedly shouted. I heard Serena giggle, next to me. I bent over and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, asking, "What are the plans on the holidays?"

She pondered for a few seconds before realising something. "Oh right! You're still 'new' to our group," she spoke up. I instantly threw a confused look onto my face, wondering what she meant by that.

"On the very last day of each term, we all go out to our meeting spot after school and discuss what we're going to do on the holidays. Sometimes it's just staying home for the whole of the two weeks, sometimes hanging out every other day," she explained.

"Alright! What are we waiting for? Let's go!" I keenly shouted while I packed all my books. I stealthily slipped my right hand into Serena's left, interlocking our fingers. The honey-blonde hair shot a heartwarming smile at me before we made our way out of the classroom, and to the meeting spot.

"How about plans for just us two?" I spoke up. Serena immediately jerked her head to look at me.

"Right! A date! We need to go on our first date. Let's make it some day, next week. In the meantime, we could think of places to go; like malls, restaurants, art galleries, museums and others!" she excitedly said. Wow, she must really like the idea of a date. Although I didn't really like the idea of going to the mall, I reminisced to the last time I went with Serena. She was able to make shopping fun to me. Maybe she can do it again.

"Of course. Our first date should be awesome!" I replied, now excited about the upcoming date.

"Is it a deal?" she asked. I shook my head, declining. She instantly unlocked her fingers and crossed her arms, while pouting and facing the other way.

"Not if you don't kiss me," I slyly whispered, pointing to my cheek. I sighted the pout turn into an ear-to-ear smile as she heard my response. The girl leaned in to kiss me on the cheek which made me pull out my signature move.

Just before she was about to make contact with my cheek, I swiftly turned my head right, now facing her. Suddenly, our lips melted into each other, which made my heart frenzy in pulses. She instantly pulled back, clearly embarrassed and blushing.

"Hehe, you always fall for that," I laughed. Eventually, she chuckled as well.

"Oi! You two lovebirds! We're about to head over now!" I heard someone yell from behind. I turned around to see Drew, Kenny, Clemont and May from a distance.

"We're coming!" I hollered back.

"Let's go?" I asked, offering my left hand. To my surprise, she didn't take it.

"Not until you make it a deal," she responded. I sweatdropped upon hearing her response.

"Of course it's a deal! We sealed the deal with the kiss, didn't we?" I said while my left hand was still stuck out, awaiting for Serena's right hand to take it.

This time, she took it and skipped forward, which consequently dragged me along.

---

"You're finally here," Kenny said as Serena and I met up with the others.