Chapter 34 - Back Together and Plans

CHAPTER 34 - Back Together and Plans

ASH'S P.O.V

"I'm so glad to be with you again," Serena smiled as she leaned on my shoulder, with our hands interlocked.

The last weeks of the term are approaching. It's the Monday, following the restart of my relationship with Serena. It's stronger than ever. Serena and I are walking to school and want to surprise the gang by showing up, hand in hand. Just like how we surprised them when we first got together.

"You can say that again," I laughed as I embraced the scent of Serena's lily-flavoured perfume and strawberry-scented hair. I always missed that smell in the past month. We didn't say much to each other on the way, but we didn't need to. I was content with her presence and she was content with mine.

"Hey, Serena?" I spoke up.

"Yeah?" she curiously asked.

"You know what I learnt from the previous month?" I responded.

"What?" Serena questioned.

"I need to appreciate every single second that I spend with you. I felt so lost without you. And that's because you're the world to me," I stated before her head moved from my shoulder to look at me.

"Oh, Ash, I love you," she smiled as she leaned in and gave me a deep and powerful kiss. Not powerful as in strength, but emotional-wise. It wasn't too long before we simultaneously pulled back.

"And I love you too!" I shouted, hoping the whole world would hear.

"Hey! You don't have to scream that," she embarrassedly expressed.

"Why not? I want the whole world to know that my love for you is my strongest trait," I responded as she chuckled and leaned back onto my shoulder.

It only took a few more minutes before we finally reached the front gates of school. We made our to way to the usual meeting spot, and as expected, everyone was there.

"Guys look!" Dawn screamed before all the others turned to our direction. I looked over to Serena who had one of the widest smiles on her face, which caused me to smile. As soon as we were in their vicinity, their shocked faces turned into smiling and happy ones.

"So, you guys are finally back together," Gary stated.

"Yeah, and I couldn't be more happy to be," I responded.

"What did we tell you, Ash? We told you to never lose Serena. And look what happened. But since now you guys are back, I guess it's all good," Drew remarked causing me to sweatdrop. Right, they did tell me to never lose Serena.

"Wait, you guys told Ash what?" Serena questioned.

"Oh nothing really. It's just that we told Ash to never lose you because you're one of a kind," Clemont added.

"And it's true," Kenny chimed in.

"Yeah, Ash. How could you let this happen?" Misty glared at me.

"Hey, let's not play the guilt game here. What's important is that they're both back and that they're both happy," Dawn said.

"Yeah, it is. And I'm happier than ever," I said as I pulled Serena in closer and wrapped my free arm around her neck, making me hold her in an embrace. I immediately bent her down and smacked my lips onto hers.

"Woo!" they all said as our lips were still locked. As soon as I pulled back, her face was as red as a tamato berry.

*Ding* *Ding* *Ding*