Chapter 19 - Something From Your Heart

CHAPTER 19 - Something From Your Heart

ASH'S P.O.V

"Class dismissed," Professor Birch announced. There were slight cheers since the weekend was coming up. It's been about a month since the camp and my 'friendship' with Serena is closer than ever. I enjoy it. Her presence fills me with warmth that I never understood. I packed my books up before feeling a light tap on the shoulder.

Turning around, Serena stood there, smiling.

"Ash, it's my birthday on Sunday. Do you want to come to my house?" she asked. My eyes widened upon hearing the question. Oh, how could I forget?! She told everyone, last week.

"Of course, I do!" I excitedly answered, "What time will it be?"

"It'll probably be at 11am. You can come earlier if you want, I don't mind," she responded as we took off for my locker.

"Sure, no pro-" I started before being literally tackled to the ground.

"Ay! Ashy-boy! It's the weekend!" the person yelled. I opened my eyes to see the brunette idiot that was Gary.

"What the hell? Why are you so excited for the weekend?" I irritatedly asked. Out of all the things that he would do, he ruthlessly tackles me to the ground.

"It's Serena's birthday of course! All of the previous years were CRAZY," he joyously replied, helping me onto my feet. Wow, even he remembered, and I didn't.

"Is it that fun?" I pondered, directing it at Serena. She gave me a little smile before saying, "You'll find out, soon."

"Oh great, now I can't wait," I smiled.

"Me neither!" Gary added, "You and your mum always know how to throw a party, especially for us."

---

I need to get her a present... What should I get her? Maybe I should ask Dawn, or one of the girls.

"Bye, Ash! I'll see you, Sunday!" Serena yelled upon opening her gate which snapped me back into reality. I waved and smiled before walking off. I quickly whipped out my phone and texted Dawn.

"Hey Dawn. What do you think I should get Serena for her birthday?" I texted. That's when I bumped into something, before falling onto the ground, landing on my butt. I looked around to see a blue-haired girl, which was brighter than Dawn's hair. The girl sported a teal-coloured shirt with light blue sleeves. She also wore cyan shorts with long, white socks and orange shoes.

I quickly jumped up to help her up. "Sorry! I didn't see where I was going," I apologised.

"It's fine. Say, you're pretty cute," she said which threw me off.

"H-huh?" I stuttered.

"I'm Miette. Nice to meet you," the blue-haired girl introduced, extending her arm.

"O-oh. I'm Ash, nice to meet you too," I replied, clasping her hand. She stared at me for a bit, forcing me to look the other direction. What's with this girl...?

"Um... I better get going now, so bye," I spoke, intending to avoid the awkwardness.

"Bye! See you later!" she happily shouted. As I entered my gates, I instantly remembered that I'd texted Dawn.