Chapter 20 - 'Perfect' Present?

CHAPTER 20 - 'Perfect' Present?

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

"Gary! Let's go! Don't you want to get a present for Serena?!" I yelled, banging on Gary's room door.

"Just wait! I'm half naked in here!" he screamed back.

"Oi! Oak tree! Will you hurry up?!" Drew bellowed, also smashing his door. I couldn't help but laugh at Drew's remark.

It's now Saturday, one day before Serena's birthday. The original plan was to have Gary and I go to the mall, but I decided the other guys needed presents too, so they're tagging along.

As soon as Gary appeared from his door, Drew instantly smashed his fist into Gary's stomach.

"How long does it take for you to change?! Are you a girl of something?! Holy Arceus!" he irritatedly yelled.

---

"Yay... Let's get some shopping done..." I sarcastically moaned as we all entered the mall. I studied the area to see all kinds of fashion outlets, jewellery stores, shoe shops and so on.

"This is meant to be a women's mall, right?" Drew inquired, looking somewhat fascinated by the range of goods.

"Yeah. Since the presents are meant to be for Serena," Kenny added. I didn't pay much attention to the conversation as I looked around to find something. Something from the heart...

"Hey, what are you guys getting her?" I asked, directing it to the whole group. They looked at me like I was some kind of idiot. "Are you kidding me? Have you not seen that girl and her clothes? That's the one of the first things that would come up if you were to think about Serena," Drew stated.

"Well, that is true. But it can never hurt to mix things up, right?" Clemont voiced.

"Yeah, that was what I was thinking. Something that isn't clothes..." I concurred.

Drew and Kenny both looked at me with a raised eyebrow. Have they caught onto something?

"Why do you care so much...?" Drew slyly asked, leaning closer towards me which Kenny followed suit. I quickly tried to think of an excuse to get out of this awkward situation before Gary jumped in.

"Because Ashy-boy has a crush on her! He wants to buy her something special!" he disclosed.

"Gary! What the hell?!" I yelled, clearly annoyed.

"What? It's the guys. They should know anyways," he defended. I felt the rage course through my whole body. I swear, I could've knocked the boy out.

"So, is it true Ash?" Clemont asked. I guess it's out now... I'll get you soon, Oak tree.

"Y-yeah..." I hesitated. Everyone besides Gary gasped in shock upon hearing my reply.

"Woohoo! Ash has a crush on Serena!" Drew yelled. I immediately jumped over to him and cupped my hand over his mouth.

"Oi! Why the hell do you have to yell that so loudly?" I hissed.

"What? Ash has a crush on Serena?" I heard from behind. I immediately dreaded as I recognised the voice. I whipped around to find Dawn with a bunch of bags. I assumed they were all clothes for Serena.

"Look what you've done Drew!" I shouted.

"It's fine, I won't tell Serena," Dawn added. Wait, she's Serena's best friend and she just said that she won't tell Serena? I seriously couldn't tell if she was lying or not.

"Don't worry, Ash. Dawn is like one of the best people to be keeping secrets," Kenny complimented.

"Okay guys, I really don't want to talk about this now. We all need to find some presents for Serena. You guys can buy her clothes while I look for something else. Meet you guys back here in an hour or so," I announced. I slowly departed the group before hearing footsteps from behind. I turned around to see Dawn following, not far behind.