Chapter 16 - Traumatisation

CHAPTER 16 - Traumatisation

ASH'S P.O.V

The warmth from her hand provided me, energy to keep walking, without wincing about my pain. I didn't know by having a specific someone's hand in your hand could make you feel so comfortable and relaxed. I glanced over at her, revealing her smile.

I suddenly remembered that Gary was behind us, watching us, hand in hand. I didn't really care, if it meant Serena was comfortable. I wonder how she's going to cope with what just happened... That should never happen to any girl.

"Oi! You two! The camp is this way," Gary yelled from behind. We both looked back to see him, signalling his head to his left. I sweatdropped before we made our way into the correct path.

---

THIRD PERSON

"I'm really worried for Serena..." Dawn said, looking at the ground. The rest of the search crew were back at the camp because they decided to stop the search. It had been a few hours since the start of the search.

"Do you think Gary and Ash are okay, Kenny?" Drew nervously asked.

"I don't know, Drew. But we should hope for the best," Kenny answered, trying to be positive.

"Do you think we should go on another search?" Professor Elm suggested. He received no answer as everyone watched every forest entrance, awaiting for the appearance of the missing three.

SERENA'S P.O.V

Continuing through the forest tracks, my hand was still clenched onto the raven-haired boy next to me. His grip was so firm, yet so gentle, if that's even possible. Ash's idea of hand holding was the perfect thing I needed. A confidence boost which I felt comfortable, doing. My cheeks have been burning ever since we started this. Thankfully, Ash never seemed to notice my blush. His jacket also seemed to provide the same type of warmth.

A few minutes later, I recognised the clearing ahead, since I've entered and exited through it, multiple times.

"There they are!" I heard someone yell. It sounded like May's voice. I squinted to receive a better view before I was literally tackled to the floor.

Time stopped as I remembered being pushed to the ground by Calem. The pictures played through my head, relaying every horrific minute he had with me. The places he touched me. No... Please... Stop it...

"Serena?!" Misty yelled, snapping me out of my visions.

"Are you okay? We were calling you, like 20 times and you didn't respond," she continued.

"I-I'm f-fine..." I trailed off, traumatised by the relayed memories. Dawn, eventually helped me back up.

"Anyways, you've found Ash! And you two were holding hands just then! Please explain," May questioned. I felt very pressured since I couldn't think straight.

Thankfully, Ash swooped in, "Oh, it's because she was walking as slow as a turtle, so I decided to help her."

"Ooooooooh," the guys joked. They were all bumping their elbows into his, giving him devious smiles.

Again, those smiles reminded me of the incident. No, no, please. Stop it... Please...

"Serena! Stop spacing out, what's wrong with you?" Dawn shouted. I snapped out of my visions again, feeling uncomfortable.

"Hey Drew! Kenny! Clemont! Help me with these two goons here," Gary yelled from a distance in the forest. Everyone ran over to see that Gary had dragged Calem and Ethan, all the way here; by himself too. Everyone besides Ash, Gary and I, gasped in utter shock.