Chapter 6

Then the thought hit me; Where was Stacy through everything? Crap, I hoped nothing had happened to her. The past two years shes been so... I'll say "independent" that she goes wherever she wants, whenever she wants. My parents talk behind our backs to each other and say how Stacy has turned into a rebellious disobedient "classic bad kid." If they were around enough, they'd see they were wrong. She's figuring out who she is, and of everyone in this family watches out for me whether I want her to nor not. I remember even as a kid, Stacy was the one always by my side. She taught me how to ride a bike, for pete's sake. When she got older, I don't know really truly what snapped in her but I guess it was always there. I'm too afraid to ask her about it because now she looks so happy, and I don't want to be another person on her list who thinks shes a bad person now. I've never thought that before in my life, I've always thought she could be a little odd, but she's my closest family member. "You're thinking about Stacy, aren't you?" Chris snapped me out of my thoughts as we walked up the stairs. I simply nodded, sometimes I end up signing what I'm thinking. It's a curse sometimes, because every now and then you don't realize that your personal thoughts can be shown to everybody. "She texted me, said she's out with some friends. My guess is with her boyfriend... Anyways, she said she'll be home in like thirty minutes. Want me to have her wake you up to say goodnight?" Chris hated her boyfriend, and I don't know if he knows but thats exactly how I felt about Macy. "No thanks, I need some sleep." I signed and walked into my bedroom. Chris nodded, and sat himself in my bean bag chair. "Want hot chocolate or something?" He asked, yawning afterwards. Shaking my head, I pulled out pajama pants and a long sleeve shirt. "When have you ever offered me cocoa?" I sat myself on the floor, raising an eyebrow. Chris laughed. I wish I could hear him laugh sometimes. Stacy used to tell me her favorite laugh was Chris' because his was always a real laugh, a fun one.

"Since now, baby sister." He smirked. "You know we're twins, right?" I joked, and he tossed a crumpled piece of paper at me, barely missing. "I was fifteen minutes before you, Abira! That counts as you being younger!" Ending the sibling rivalry, he stood up and hugged me goodnight. Chris waited outside my room while I changed into my pajamas and came back in to cover me up. Yeah I know, only kids get covered up at night by family but he and Stacy still do it. I suppose to show me they're always there? Dunno. Kissing my forehead, he closed the door and without him looking I put my covers and blankets the way I like them. My eyes began to flutter, until I remembered something important. CRAP. Throwing off all the covers, I ran around my room looking for my phone.

Please don't have a missed text from Marco, please don't have a missed text from Marco, the words rang in my head. My fingers finally found it on top of my dresser, and I think I let a sigh of relief seeing no messages. Sliding it into my pajamas pocket, I could rest easily tonight.
-------
My eyes came open, but everything was still in the dark of night. Why did I wake up so darn early? I glanced at my clock, 3 AM. Then I knew what woke me up, I felt my phone rumble in my pocket. Oh no. Frantically but as quietly as I knew how to, I found my phone and clicked it on, the screen's light blaring into my face. I was freaking out so badly, and so tired it took me a minute to find my texts app. When I found it, my tired eyes couldn't make out the name for the longest time until they adjusted to the light and dark. Oh no, again. Marco.

Abira First text to me.

Abira help me I covered my mouth, even though no sound came out. I hate it when this happens, I hate it, I hate it, I hate! He doesn't deserve this, ever! Of all the people in the world, Marco doesn't deserve this!

You need to come over I texted, not asking. No reply. No, how bad is it?!

Already there, front door please help me I bolted at his text,  not caring if Chris heard me running. Whipping open the door, I saw him standing there crying. He held his torso tightly with both arms, and barely looked up at me when I answered the door.