Chapter 56

"It's pretty bad."

"It's not that bad," he said. But I different opinion.

"I can't believe I said that about his mother, Jasper." Defending myself in this case was just hurting my case at the same time. Jasper and I sat in the living room, watching movies. He shrugged.

"You'll both get over everything," he brushed stray hairs out of my face. "You're too cute to stay mad at. Marco is your friend so he'll be fine." He 'booped' my nose and leaned back into the couch.

Somehow I smiled. But my mind couldn't help but drift. What if Marco and I never make up? Or what if he never forgives me? Or will I be the stubborn one and not forgive him? Everything seemed out of line.

When I turned my head, I saw Jasper staring at me as he smiled. "What?" I asked. He smirked and ran a hand through his hair.

"Don't beat yourself up. But either way, even when you're stressing, you're adorable." He scooted closer to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

My head naturally fell to rest on his shoulder. His other hand took my own and his thumb stroked my palm.  But even with Jasper, all those thoughts of Marco and me arguing filled my head like a nightmare.

How could I have been so horrible to say that? Maybe I should've listened to what he was saying and then just...Let it go. Defuse the conversation. Clearly I was too stubborn to let that happen. My pocket buzzed from my phone, making me jolt out of being startled.

"You alright, sweet pea?" Jasper smiled as I sat up.

I pulled out my phone and checked it. It was from Stacy.

Hey sis! Big, big, BIG, news on the wedding day and all that. Anytime within like the next 3 days, Skype me? Or I'll pick you up.
The way she made it sound through the text sounded really important to me. And my sister is important to me, so that's probably why.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" I asked while signing to Jasper. He pulled out his phone and scrolled for a few seconds. He shook his head.

"Nothing until five," he slipped away his phone. "Why?"

I held up one finger and turned back to my phone.

Could Jasper drop me off or come with me tomorrow? I hit send.

Faster than I thought my sister would, she replied.

He can come, doesn't matter to me. When I talk to you about the wedding Ill pull you aside though to tell you. Stacy.

Deal. Text me a place and time tomorrow morning.

I fired off a text and then turned to Jasper. "Tomorrow at noon could you pick me up? And take me to meet up with my sister?" I asked.

"Sure. I got no plans until evening so, whatever you want to do. But if I take you there, you have to go with me to coffee. Deal?" He jokingly held out his hand.

I smiled and shook on our deal.