Chapter 19

"Ready?" Marco asked as he hopped into his truck. Nodding my head and reaching for the handle I felt the pain in my sides again. Kind of like running an angry cat up and down them, if you're wondering what it feels like. Sitting down the pain eased a bit and I was able to get comfortable.

"How was what's his face?" He signed as the rumble of his truck came to life. Rolling my eyes I just smirked. "Probably still scared after you went after him at lunch," reminding Marco made him nervously smile and shrug. "I did not go after him, I talked to the guy. I don't like him, Abira. Something about him doesn't click in my head." Marco started driving and pulled out into the road.

I don't know why he doesn't like Jasper. He's my friend, an annoying one at best, but my friend. "He's a language major," I commented out of the blue with my hands and Marco just looked at me. "And that explains him how?" He seemed confused.

"I don't know, maybe if you knew him you'd be okay with me hanging with him. And I know you want me to make my own decisions so your not parenting me, and..." I stopped signing and inhaled through my nose. I smelt something familiar, looking out the window I saw the Cafe Jasper had taken me to. The scent was almost strong enough where I wanted to taste the coffee again.

Turning back to Marco, he waited for me to finish. "It seems like you had to force yourself to tell me to go find Jasper. That's all." Yawning I looked down at my phone, and saw two missed messages. Crap. Texting Stacy back as fast as I could I nearly dropped my phone.

Do you need picked up? My BF is on his way over. Stacy, missed.

He's almost here, Abira are you okay? Second from Stacy, second missed.

On my way! Sorry I didn't check my phone, was busy with school. Is he there yet? I asked and waited for her reply.

No, he's in traffic. Hurry up would you? We're almost there, like 5 minutes. She texted back. A smile of both forced and glee spread on my face. Reaching over and tapping Marco he asked why I was so smiley all the sudden. Dropping my phone into my bag, I turned towards him fully.

"I'm gonna meet Stacy's boyfriend, finally!" I signed quickly and he probably didn't catch all of it because he had to also look at the road. Smart, let's not get in a car crash today. "You're in for a treat then, huh?" He signed but didn't seem to excited.

"I don't know what he's gonna be like, tall, short, black hair, blonde hair? It's weird, meeting somebody who could be my brother in law one day. I don't want to be that one family member who pushes them to be married or anything but it's almost serial to think about. You ever go through anything like that?" I asked and Marco shook his head.

"No siblings, so no. But I mean I'm happy for you, you seem really excited to meet the guy huh?"

"Duh!" I signed and smiled bigger. This was going to be awesome, meeting him. I can only hope what he's going to be like and hope he's good for Stacy. She's my big sister and I don't want her to do something dumb if he's not a good guy. But this was going to be awesome.
------
"This is going to be terrible," I signed as Stacy sat on the couch watching T.V. "Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in," Stacy mocked how I was fretting but I just ignored her all together. Pacing around, fixing my hair into a good pony tail I positioned myself on the couch next to her.

"Abira you're meeting my boyfriend, not the Presidant." Stacy rolled her eyes at me, turning her attention back to Once Upon A Time. "I hate this show, it ruins Disney characters." She commented and I raised my eyebrows. "Then why do you watch it?" I asked and Stacy tossed the remote at me.

"Because there's nothing on in this stupid house!" She must've yelled because I felt the hearing aids that I rarely wear ring. Taking off the hearing aids, I put them in my bag for safe keeping. I don't wear them all that often, just because there's really no point. All it does is make really loud noises make a peep in my ears, it's not like I can hear with them.