Chapter 7

I had laid there for a second, seeing if it was really already time to wake up. The clock confirmed my thinking, darn it. I rolled over to see Marco laying there silently as he slept, his hand still holding mine. I didn't want to wake him up, he looked so peaceful compared to last night. But I had to, if he wanted to get ready for school. Sliding my hand out of his, I tried shaking his shoulder to wake him up. That was a bust. Remembering last night, I rubbed my hand on his cheek, and his eyes slowly came open and he stared at me. A smile crept onto his face and he sat up yawning.

"Time for school?" He signed. Nodding I went into my bathroom and began to brush my teeth. When I came back out, Stacy was standing in my doorway staring at Marco. He didn't notice her come in, and she grabbed me aside.
"Why is there a boy in your bedroom?!" She signed rapidly, messing up a few words. I smiled. "Oh defiantly my secret boyfriend, totally." I joked, and she went paler than the makeup she wore. "I''m kidding! It's just Marco, Stacy. You know? Best friend? He needed to stay tonight, if you know what I mean." She nodded, realizing who he was and what he'd went through. Marco saw her and sheepishly waved. "Oh it's him. Hey kid who is always too nice to me, how are you?" She flopped onto the bed next to where he was sitting, her purple hair went everywhere including whipping Marco in the face. "I didn't catch what you said, you blinded me with purple. I thought somebody made grape juice explode." He smiled at me, and Stacy's mouth went agape. "You told him about the grape hair thing?!" She began laughing even though she was annoyed.

"Whatever, you two. Get ready for school Abira, you too Marco." She said, and tossed me a pair of socks from my dresser. Why does she always do that? "You know, you always tell us to get ready for school and you never go." Hey, it popped into my head okay? Stacy rolled her eyes and began to braid her own hair.

"Abira listen, I'm your big sister do what I tell you. Don't do what I did, that's why I always tell you don't make the mistakes that I have. Once I started I can't stop, so just shut up and listen up. Learn from my mistakes and you'll be the perfect child due to how many I've made." She was serious and I shied away, Marco turned red and turned away to let us talk. "Plus I got a hot boyfriend." She lightened what she said and I smiled.

"Speaking of, when I can I meet him?" I walked over to my dresser and pulled out clothes. Stacy shrugged. "When do you want to?" She offered, sliding her necklace around her neck continuously. "Seriously?" I signed, my eyes wide and she replied with a nod. "Um, this weekend, duh!" I hopped up and down with joy. I've never met her boyfriend before, I just know his name and things like that. He must be somewhat rebellious even though I hope he isn't, I mean Stacy likes that sort of thing.

In my mind I think of a tall slender guy, who probably isn't the warmest person ever. But he'd love Stacy and like me and that'd be enough. "This Friday after school, I'll ask him. Yo Chris, you good with me bringing my boyfriend here this Friday?" She I'm guessing yelled down the hall, and began snickering. I think he must've yelled something back. Chris came in and gently shoved Stacy, he looked annoyed. "No way, Stacy! I'm already dealing with Abira and her guy friend. Mind you I said friend." Chris ran a hand through his hair and walked back out.

"I'll be downstairs, come down when your done. You got clothes in Chris' room Marco." Stacy strut out and followed Chris down the stairs. Yes, Marco has clothes here just in case. He'd had to stay here for days at a time before. Setting out a gray sweatshirt and jeans, I noticed Marco still sitting there.

"Uh." I signed. He blushed sheepishly and nodded, leaving the room. I closed the door and dressed in my outfit.
----
"Ready to go, Small Stuff?" Stacy commented, even though she's shorter than me. "Very funny, Grape-Head." I signed and crossed my arms. "One day, I'll slap you for that." She joked and tossed me a coat. "I gotta see if Marco's ready, be right back." Running up the stairs, I twisted the handle a few times to give him a heads up since we can't hear knocking. I opened the door and brushed hair out of my face, when I was startled. Marco stood there with his shirt off and quickly slid on a new one, as I quickly shut the door.