Chapter 55

I was sitting in the living room by myself, waiting to see Jasper pull in. I wanted to be the one to get the door and since I couldn't hear a knock I would watch from the window.

"How are you?" My mother stood in front of me. I scooted over on the couch to keep my main focus on the window.

"I don't know. After what you told me about Chris, I don't know. Mom?" I looked up at her. She looked like she expected me to ask her for help in a crisis. Really I just wanted to ask about Jasper coming over.

"Jasper is coming over. To hang out with me, after the whole Chris thing. Is that alright?" I asked. She nodded almost seeming a little disappointed. "But after we talk for a little bit, could I have you and dad come talk? I mean I want to just talk to him but I want to run something by you. But I want him here as a friend."

She probably thought I was going to tell her I was pregnant or something. Heck to the no! My mother smiled tightly and nodded.

"Just get us when you want us. I'll be in the kitchen." She nodded once more and left. Just as my vision was clear I saw Jasper walking up the driveway. My feet landed on the floor and my hand twisted the knob to open the door. He was standing there and looked surprised.

"Didn't even get the chance to knock! Beat me to the punch line, sweet pea." Jasper then looked concerned as he stepped inside. "What's going on?" He gently rubbed my arms as I shrugged.

"Thanks for coming. I didn't know I needed you to."

Jasper nodded. "Always," he pulled me into a hug. "You can talk or say nothing at all. I'm here." He walked me over to the couch, sitting us both down.

"Where do I even start? It's been two hours since we last saw each other. Two hours and everything just... Fell down." I held my head in my hands. The warmth of Jasper's hand rubbing my back made me still at first, and then relax.

My eyes weren't looking at him, so I couldn't see if he was saying anything at all. I felt the couch shift a bit, and at first I didn't pay attention to it. Then my hands were moved from my face. I saw Jasper on his knees in front of me, holding my hands out of my face. Then his thumbs wiped off my cheeks, I didn't even know I was crying until he did.

"You can tell me." His lips moved slowly as he spoke. I just looked at him and let myself onto the floor to sit in front of him. He brushed the stray hairs from my face and looked at me to say something.

My brain didn't know where to begin. "Marco was so angry with me. I don't know why. I always assumed he'd be fine with things like this. But my best friend, being that angry at me? And I guess I just..." I wanted to say it. But at the same time I didn't want to.

Jasper gently took my free hand into his and looked seemingly farther into my eyes than anyone ever had. "And I said something nobody should ever say about someone and," I felt tears bridge my eyes. My chest heaved, and I made myself continue. "And to top everything off my brother is in jail for the night." Jasper pulled me into hug before I could even break down.

With my parents home I didn't want to worry them that I was crying over Chris. I pulled away and wiped away the tears that were falling down.

"I don't know how to fix any of this. I don't think I can. But you can always talk to me. I'm sure Marco will come around." He helped me wipe away the tears and held one hand on my cheek. "You don't have to say anything else."

I nodded and signed 'thank you.' Jasper looked around and smiled clearly only for me. "Want to tell your parents now?" He asked.

"I'm already crying so, better now than never." I got to my feet and straighted out my hair. "Be right back," I headed into the kitchen to see my mom talking to my dad. It looked tense. They turned to me and stopped talking altogether. "Could you two come in now?" I asked.

They both stood up. My mother nodded. My parents sat down on the couch, while Jasper and I sat in the two chairs across from them.

"So why are we sitting like a therapy session?" My dad asked and looked rather annoyed.

I just wanted to come out with it. "Mom, dad. Jasper and I are dating." My mouth ran faster than I intended.

Both of my parents mouths dropped open. My dad looked to Jasper and my mom looked at me. My mother clasped her hands together and smiled. But dad didn't look so excited.

"Oh, honey! I was hoping so when you said you two wanted to talk!" She said and spoke some more so fast I couldn't catch it. My dad sat in silence for the time. But my mom hit his shoulder.

"I guess I should've expected," my dad said. "I did say I trusted him with you." He didn't seem convinced.

"Do either of you have a problem with it? If you do I'd like to know." Jasper spoke up.

"Of course not! A boyfriend is your best friend, and it's good to have someone like that to lean on. Jasper, I have no problem with you dating Abira." My mother seemed excited compared to when I told her most things.

"As long as nothing happens, you just watch yourself son and you can date my daughter." My father sat straight up.

Jasper smiled and looked at me with his ever-so-dashing look. Even though I was internally falling apart, knowing I could be with Jasper made me smile too. Moreover being around Jasper makes me smile.