Chapter 22

"You should go," I signed as Jasper walked me to my front door. "Yeah probably." He said but didn't leave, he just leaned against the wall. "You don't want to see my family again. Bad timing." I signed and he just smiled.

"Excuse me, I still haven't gotten to hang out with you. I drove a whole twenty minutes, sweet pea." Dang it Jasper. "Still, you saw what happened," I signed, still having tears slide down my cheeks. "I'll leave if you want me to." He shrugged, and ran a hand through his messy hair.

Did I want him to leave? Truth be told I didn't want him to see my family like this, even though he'd seen a lot already. I didn't want Jasper to hate me or think I come from a really dismembered family. Even though I sorta do. Thinking, I took my hair out of the pony tail and ruffled it a little bit with my hands.

"Point taken," Jasper turned to leave and my hand grabbed his shoulder. "I don't want you to leave." I signed. Jasper's eyes lit up and he walked back towards me. "You just don't want to be in there with all of this going on." I signed and he shook his head.

"I don't give a crap if your house was on fire, sweet pea. You said we could hang out, so I'm going to hang out." He made me giggle even through my tears. But i really didn't want to have Jasper go back in there, not with this happening. "See we're already laughing," he said and pulled me into a hug.

"Fine, okay." I gave in as I signed. "But... Not here, okay? I don't think I can stay here..." I signed. Jasper nodded. "Understandable," he said, smiling per the usual.

"Well go get a jacket!" He said, opening the door for me and giving me a small push inside. My mother stood there crying with my dad trying to comfort her, while Chris sat on the stairs with his head buried in his hands. When he looked up and saw me, tear streaks lined down his face but he scowled at me.

Timidly walking over to him, I signed for Jasper to wait at the door. I knelt down in front of him, and he watched every move I made. Placing my hand on Chris' knee, I looked him in the eye. "What do you want?" His eyes were cold as the tears kept streaming down his face.

"I'm making sure you're okay." I signed. I don't want to really talk to my brother, but I felt like I had to talk to him. "No, Im not." He answered short and that was all he said. "Stacy was being so ignorant and stupid. If she just listened," Chris rubbed his head. Excuse me, what?

"You sound just like dad," I signed and stood up. If anybody was being stupid it was them. They just don't realize how in love Stacy was and is. "I'm glad one of us has some sense then." Chris retorted, and turned to walk up the stairs. I dropped open my mouth and shook my head.

Grabbing a jacket and putting on my converse, the clock said 5:00 and darkness had started to come over the sky. "Where do you think you're going?" My dad asked. I felt myself sigh and I pulled my loose hair from my jacket. "With Jasper." I simply signed.

"No you're not. You're grounded." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?" I was confused and angry, mixed with the pain I was feeling. "You brought a boy home, and we told you that you weren't off the hook for having such an attitude towards us. You're defiantly not leaving this house." My father was still that angry?

Before I could retort, my mother put a hand on his shoulder. "Let her go, we all need to... To..." My mother started crying again. I didn't wait for my father to agree, I just walked out the door to Jasper. The feeling of tears wanted to burst through again but I tried to shove it deep down away from me.