Chapter 40

Walking into the kitchen, the smell of fresh breakfast was amazing.

Scrambled eggs, coffee, and french toast were all neatly on the table. Rose and Nick were already sitting at the table, while Jasper was nowhere to be seen. I sat down in an available chair and waited for them to speak before I did. Rose was dishing up her own plate and smiled at me. 7:00 am this looked amazing.

"Go ahead and pick out what you like sweetheart," She said and sat down after a good helping of food was on her plate. I didn't care what it was, I was starving. Thanking Rose for breakfast I dished up a good few scoops of eggs and two pieces of french toast.

Spinning maple syrup onto my french toast and cutting a piece of it, Jasper came in from outside and sat down as well. Holy crap. He was in a white male tank top and jeans, and the tank top showed just how ripped he was. I mean it wasn't overly done muscle, but a lot of it. His defined chest muscles were extra defined in the shirt and he started to put food on his plate too.

Turning my attention back to the food I kept eating. "This is delicious," I said and Rose thanked me. "Now Jasper just because you have a friend here doesn't mean you're off the hook. You have chores to do." Nick said before sipping a cup of coffee.

"I know, I'll get on it as soon as I'm done eating. Same as usual?" Jasper asked. Nick nodded and stood up from the table. "Amazing as always Rosie," Nick picked up his plate and kissed the top of Rose's head as he went by. That's sweet, those two.

"Abbie you can do whatever you like while Jasper does his chores." Rose said before cleaning up her own plate. I didn't correct her on the name, she was already washing her plate off in the sink. "I'll be outside, you good?" Jasper asked. Nodding my head I finished up my plate.
-----
"Jasper should just be outside, sweetheart." Rose said after I had finished eating. Thanking her for breakfast again, I slid on my tennis shoes and opened the door. Heat flooded me already after I had just barely closed the door. Pulling my hair back into a short pony tail, I looked around for Jasper.

The crunch of the dirt under my feet almost made me roll my ankle, but luckily a nearby palm tree caught my fall. Or my hands did, anyways. Rounding the corner of the house, I saw a piece of wood nearly hit me in the face and land in a pile. My eyes wide as plates, I turned and saw Jasper knocking on a fence and ripping some old pieces off.

"Ever hit a girl with a wood plank?" I asked, walking over. Jasper's head came up as he saw me. "Sorry sweet-Whoa." Blush ran up his neck and ears as he looked at me. "What?" I asked, curious to what he was all blushed about. "You should be a country girl more often." He smirked at my outfit. "Shut up I was getting too hot."

Then again I was in cut off jean shorts and a tank top.

Jasper didn't look half bad himself. "Sure," He chucked another piece of wood into the pile he'd been making, his hands covered by brown gloves. "How come your tearing it down?" I asked, seeing that the fence probably used to have animals in it. "So I can rebuild it later, some rotten posts and stuff. No more horses in this pen so I can always put it up later. I just have to get it taken down. I'm almost done," He said and tugged another piece free before tossing it into the pile.

"Can I help?"

"Uh," He licked his lips and then tugged at another piece of wood. "I guess, I'm not sure if you can pull any free though. They're pretty stuck down in there." He backed up from the fence gesturing for me to give it a try. "What? Think I can't do it?" I taunted and walked over to the fence piece.

"I never said that, I believe you could if you wanted to but those are really in the ground."

Wrapping my hands around the wood I yanked. Another day no dollar. Jasper was laughing when I turned around, earning my eye roll. "Just you wait," I stepped back a few feet to get a running start. When I got close enough in a run I jumped and pushed the fence post with my legs to try and pry it free. No budge.