Chapter 33

Unlocking my door with the key that was hidden under a rock behind a rose bush in my front garden, I pushed it open. Marco came in after me and stretched his arms. "About Jasper..." I began, but Marco clearly wasn't listening to me. His eyes were looking towards the living room.

Matching his gaze with my own eyes, both anger and embarrassed filled me. "Is that your brother...?" Marco asked signing, only barely turning his head to me. "I hoped not. Chris!" I felt my throat tingle hurt as I yelled his name, disrupting his kiss with Janelle.

He sheepishly looked at me, while Janelle turned to see us and then hid her face by turning away. "Uh, uh, Hey Abira! What are you doing home so early?" He asked, trying to divert the conversation. Rolling my eyes and feeling quite grossed out I waved them off.

"Well I did want to hang out with Marco. Why do you have to do that in the living room? People walk into the house through here you nitwit." I said and Marco just kept rubbing his eyes to try and get rid of the image. "Whatever." Chris resumed his lately usual look of anger, and stared at me and Marco. "Oh you want us to leave? Gee, thanks! C'mon Marco." Grabbing his wrist I pulled him upstairs.

"Well that was... Gross." he signed and sat in the bean bag chair like he always did. Plopping myself on my bed and taking out my laptop, I started putting together something for a friend. "Agreed. It seems like Chris just doesn't care about anything anymore." I commented.

Marco shrugged. "He's a boy, kissing is literally all they think about." He signed and I popped my head up to face him. I started to giggle. "Even you?" My giggles heightened as Marco turned beet red. "Uh-uh, no, defiantly... I meant most boys. Not me," He corrected and I couldn't help but giggle harder.

"Suuurreee," I drew out the word which only made him turn redder. "What are you working on?" He asked signing as he sat next to me, and looked at my computer. Seeing that he saw the pictures I had up, I changed the tab. "Just something I said I'd do for a friend at school." I kept it short.

I don't know how  he'd react if he knew it was a gift for somebody. Or a scrapbook to be exact. "When I go to California," I started off, getting his attention. "I want you to know that nothing is going to happen to me, and I'll text you or FaceTime you every chance that I get. Okay?" I placed my hand on his knee, and he flinched.

"You just take care of yourself. Don't worry about how I feel." Marco reassured me. Nodding my head, I leaned my back onto his shoulder, and he leaned his head onto mine. "What do you plan on doing there?" He signed and I sighed, exhaling deeply.

"Just hanging out I guess, seeing the sights. Doing the deeds, all that stuff. He said we'd go to the beach and stuff. Just... A vacation. I wish you could come along too but... I don't think that would be best." I answered. Marco slowly nodded, probably seeing where I was coming from on the matter.
------
Marco left probably an hour later, saying he had to go help his mom with chores. Opening my laptop back up I continued to work on the scrapbook I was making. The pictures brought back warm memories. Before I could rem anise, my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Pulling it out, I readied myself for what he had to say.

Sorry. You shouldn't have gotten involved but thank you for trying. Sweet pea, please next time let me figure out my own battles? I've been struggling with it for awhile and I just don't want you to get involved with it. Jasper.

I understand you don't want be involved but if I see it I won't stand by it. What was up with that, Jasper? My curiosity for the better of me.

I used to know those people when I lived in Cali. Nothing to worry about, they don't matter. How are you, after that? Jasper.

Nerve racked. I'm not used to you getting so angry, let alone doing what you did.

I'm sorry, sweet pea. Anger can be a weakness of mine, especially around those guys. I'll be better and work on it. Are you okay though? Jasper.

Yeah I guess. Just as long as you're okay, I'm okay. I just don't get why they said what they did. Hitting send, my thumb quivered.

...I don't know what to tell you. Jasper.

Then don't say anything about it. I'll drop it. Giving in that he wasn't going to tell me anything.

You shouldn't have to, but thank you. This isn't something I like to talk about. Maybe another time I'll explain it, okay? Jasper.

I don't really care anymore, everything was falling apart in this conversation. As long as Jasper's okay, then I was okay.

It's fine, Jasper. My mind just can't wrap around why you would do that. Maybe that was harsh but at this point it needed to be said. He's done something like this before, not this bad, but it's happened before when Macy was bugging me. Whatever it was I wasn't liking it. He needed to get under control whatever made him so angry. It scares me when he goes to that state of mind. It's like everything is irrelevant when he does that, like the only thing to stop him is me.

Or it used to be like that. Now he seemed like even when he saw me it took him a moment to calm down.

Again I have no idea what to tell you. There's only so much I can tell you, and the rest I can't bring myself to. Please just drop it like you said, this really isn't something that I find worth talking about. It would only make you angry with me that I didn't tell you. And I'd rather not have you mad at me, sweet pea. :)

Psh, whatever Jasper. If he was going to keep the secrets hidden, then I suppose he was going to do his best to keep it that way.

Okay then, Jasper. You still sound mad about what happened though, you okay? From what I was reading he seemed like it all just happened how angry he sounded.

No. I'm not okay, and I'm not calm. Everything that happened was between me and them, sweet pea. If you get involved then it'll only make things harder than they already are. Just to change the subject how was your sister? Great, now he was avoiding the subject altogether.

She was alright. Nothing to go into detail about but still, she's good. Okay I can kind of understand where Jasper's coming from on not wanting to talk about it. I didn't really want to chat about Stacy either.

Good. What are you up to now? I can tell that he was still mad and trying to calm down, there's just a difference in when he texts when he's mad.

Making something special on my laptop for somebody. I hit send and then returned my attention to the project. All the pictures were coming together nicely, like something a real scrapbooker knew how to do. Granted I was doing mine on a computer but it was coming together nicely.

Let me guess, your secret boyfriend? Just kidding, sweet pea. I would've known if you had a boyfriend by now! There was the Jasper I knew. Annoying and pestering me. Ah, the good life am I right?

Defiantly not! Haha very funny horse boy. And no it's not for anybody THAT special. ;) I loved to kid around with Jasper, no matter what we said we could never really offend each other. That was something about Jasper, he always bounced back to me.

Oooohhhh, suuuureeeee. Well then you HAVE to be talking about me!