Chapter 50

I waited for Jasper to say something, anything.

If he did, I couldn't see it. Was he just going to lay there, keeping me in suspense for him to talk? He just needs to get over it, and move on. I would never hate him for anything like that.

Those things were out of his control, out of his hands.

"Jasper, I can't see if your talking and I can't hear you. But I know you can hear me. Please know that just because something happened to you, I could never be angry with you. If your honest, and say what you mean then I could never just hate you. How could you think that I would?"

His hands moved from his face, but his eyes were closed. "It's not that I think you hate people off the bat, it's not that. I know you're kind and sweet, but every time somebody knows that things change."

I ran a hand through my hair and bit my lip to stop me from interrupting if he were going to say more. But he stayed quiet again, something I felt like I couldn't fix.

"Jasper sit up, and let me talk to you face-to-face. Please?" If I could just get him to stop believing that I would hate him, things could get better right now. He needs to trust me enough that I won't treat him differently for that.

He did as I asked and he sat up, now looking at me. I put my hands on his shoulders and gently shook them. "Snap out of it with me. I won't treat you different because something like that happened. How can I prove that to you?"

"I don't know, Abira. I don't know. It's just a feeling that I've grown to know all too well and-"

"Listen to me, Jasper! I'm making this promise right now so stop feeling like I won't be the same way to you as I always have been. I promise that I will not  treat you differently because of this. Understand me?" I kept trying to get through to him in any way possible.

If I had to promise something, then I would.

"Abira I just...Thank you." He finally spoke something with a smile. And there it was, all that I really needed to feel better for him and myself. That dashing smile. 

"Are you alright?" Obviously not but I felt like I had to ask. He nodded and wrapped his hand around mine. 

"When I say thank you, I really mean it. Thank you, Abira." His thanks was sincere, as they always were. Jasper's chest heaved as he let out a long breath. 

"We better get to bed, huh? We leave tomorrow." His thumb gently stroked the side of my hand as he held it in his own. It still sent lightning bolts through my veins like I was being shocked by an electric surge.

"Don't remind me. I had so much fun with you here, with your aunt and uncle. Even with the horse that tried to kill me." That got a laugh out of Jasper, who looked like he'd forgotten what had happened. Good, he didn't need to dwell on that. 

"The horse didn't try to kill you! They just... Okay well maybe they really didn't like you but that's not the same as murder." His shoulder gently shoved mine and I did the same back. 

I swear that horse tried to kill me, but you know. Whatever happens, happens. There's no stopping life. 

"I really did love this Jasper. A lot. It really felt like we could run from our normal lives for a little while. And plus when we get back, we have something big to tell people." I was nervous to tell people about us but at least I was in it with Jasper.

"Crap! We have to tell... A lot, of people actually. My 'parents' your parents, and anybody else who needs to know. Your parents should be fun to tell for me, huh?" He laughed nervously at the thought of it. 

Yeah, I have no idea of my parents would react to hearing I have a boyfriend. Then again, they aren't around a lot to notice anyways. 

"Hey at least you know they like you. That dinner went way better than we ever thought! And that was just to go on vacation! How do you plan to tell them this time, a cruise in the Bahamas?" My giggle was infectious to him as he started to laugh a little bit too. 

"How about a trip to the Eiffel Tower? Most romantic place on earth." His eyes were bright as the stars above. I wish he could see them the way I do. 

"Why is that anyways? Some place has a big tower and good food and it's somehow named the most romantic place on earth. How did that come about? Did couples just deem it the best place for love?" That's actually a question I don't understand. France and Paris just all the sudden are the most romantic places ever.

Jasper pulled out his phone and typed something into Google. Probably my question, come to think of it.

"Everything I found on this website says that it's because you're admired if you show PDA and stuff. It says and I qoute, "unlike America where PDA is shunned and chastised, in Paris holding hands as you walk and kissing is more admired than shunned" so basically you can make out without people getting angry."

"Ew. Remind me not to go to Paris, will you? I don't need to see thousands of people kissing." I shivered at the thought of just walking around and seeing people kiss. Yes, I agree that a kiss is showing affection and I don't mind when people peck on the lips in public. But when the make out on a street corner or whatever it's just gross.

"Noted." His usual 'noted' always seemed to mean something to him. Like he was actually going to always remember that, for whatever reason.

"Okay, I guess we better hit the hay."

"Yeah. Let's go,"