Chapter 30 | Fraying

Ghost barely made a noise when he got home. If it weren't for hearing him tell the help to put away his bags, I doubt I would've even heard him. He wasn't as happy as I thought he would be. I thought he'd be running for my arms the second he got through the door. Okay, maybe that's what I hoped for at least. It wasn't what I got in the least bit. I'm sure he's just tired from travel.

I met him in the hallway, setting my hand on his waist. Before even saying hello, I kissed him deeply. He reciprocated but there wasn't much passion in it. Again, I'm sure he's just tired. "I've missed my baby girl so much." I said as I caressed his cheek.

"Chris," He murmured, "I'm not in the mood."

My smile fell quicker than it ever has, "Is everything okay?"

Ghost pushed back from me coldly. He crossed his arms over his chest and avoided looking at me, "You know it's not... Look, you told me if I didn't want to keep doing DDlg, we could stop whenever I wanted to. I want to stop."

"Alright." I answered slowly. When he got like this, I tried my best to just take things at a reasonable pace. He can be a grenade when he wants to be.

"It's just," He huffed, "I feel like we were doing it as a way to ignore our problems. You needed me to forget or something and you got me to put myself in a state of mind where I did forget. Well, I remembered again and I don't want to just act like we don't have problems right now."

"Dev, what are you talking about?" I asked desperately.

Yeah, we did have tension, but there was no obvious problem. At least not one he knew about. He eventually learned to accept the slaves. To his knowledge, Angelo is the only slave I've bought since him. He was fine with that too, since I did it as a way of keeping Ange around. Ghost has no clue that I bought Ricky. He doesn't know that we slept together in our bed or that I made him my pet. He doesn't have a solid reason to be pissed at me.

He put his hands to his temples and groaned, "Don't play this fucking game! You think I'm a fucking idiot, don't you?"

"Devin-"

"I think you fucking forget that I was once one of them." He seethed as he pointed towards the basement, "I know how fast slaves get sold. You don't think I was going to figure it out? When you had slave after slave coming and going and Ricky wasn't going anywhere? There's nothing wrong with him. He obeys, he has a perfect body. There's no reason he should still be here except for one."

I narrowed my eyes at him, seething, "And what reason is that?"

He rolled his eyes with a scoff, "You fucking bought him, didn't you? After you swore to me you wouldn't keep a single one, you did, didn't you?" My only response was to sigh and look down. Ghost slapped me across the face, "Fucking say it out loud."

"Yes!" I snapped at him, "Yes, I bought him the night he came here. I made him my pet and I fucked him in our bed! Is that what you fucking wanted to hear?! And no, I don't forget all those years you spent as a slave. I don't forget what I did to you, what Mike did to you. I can't forget because at some point, I regretted it. When you act like this, though, I wonder why I ever set my worst slave free."

"You've got a lot of balls for someone that I could easily ruin. You constantly hold it over my fucking head how fucking noble it was of you to set me free! You never once consider that I could've turned you in but I didn't. I remembered your name, your phone number, where you lived. But no matter how many times those fucking cops tried to force me to remember, I lied straight to their faces. I lied under oath for you!"

"Alright, fine! We both put our necks on the line for each other. We did it because we loved each other! But I'm not sure you love me anymore." I replied somberly.