Chapter 36 | Safety

Once all the papers had been signed and everyone was out of my house, I packed an overnight bag for both myself and the two toys coming with me. I wasn't just leaving to give us time away from Ghost so he could get his ass out of here. I'm also going somewhere with the intentions of convincing a certain someone to take Friday. I don't plan on keeping her but I will find her someone who will treat her like the princess she is.

Ryan was a little taken back when I called so suddenly, but he was more than happy to let me come over. He rarely gets guests or even bothers to go over to other people's houses. I don't think it bothers him too much. As long as he has Joy, he's pretty happy. Him buying her was one of the best things that could've happened. She needed someone who was going to take time to understand her, and he needed someone that was going give him a reason to smile again.

"Did Mike give Friday back to you?" Ryan asked me as we walked into the house.

"Not exactly." I replied, "It's a long story. Is there somewhere she can go while we talk? There's some things I'd rather she didn't hear."

"Of course." He turned to Joy and lifted her chin, "Take Friday to your room and close the door, please. Stay there until you're told otherwise. It's fine if you'd like to talk to pass the time. We may be awhile."

"Yes, Master." She softly responded.

"Go with her." I urged Friday.

She was a lot more scared of people and places she didn't know after what Kuza had done to her. It seemed like she trusted me enough, despite the fact I'm partly responsible for what happened. She followed Joy upstairs while Ryan led us towards the living room.

"She has her own room?" I asked plainly.

He hesitated in responded, "Um, yeah... I wasn't doing anything with it anyways..."

"Uh-huh." I playfully replied, "And... She has a new collar since the last time I saw you?"

He sighed as he sat down, "You noticed that?"

"I notice a lot of things." I raised my hand to Ricky's neck and flicked the bell on his collar, "But I'm not exactly in the position to judge anyone for making a slave into a pet. Are you okay with him sitting on the furniture?"

"Yeah. Please, I'm not Mike." He scoffed.

I chuckled and sat down on the couch adjacent to the arm chair he sat in. Then I patted the spot next to me, signaling my little raccoon to sit down. He knelt in the seat beside me with his legs tucked under him. I absentmindedly played with his hair. It's calming to the both of us, to be honest.

"Speaking of Mike, the reason I have Friday now is because I couldn't stand to watch him use her as a punching bag. Call me soft if you want, but it was breaking my heart. I needed a reason to get her from him though, and life being a cruel bitch, gave me one. Ghost had been having an affair with one of my slaves. So, I traded that slave for Friday." I explained.

"And what about Ghost?" He asked. Ryan wasn't that phased, but then again, he's never phased by anything.

"Our engagement is off. Part of the reason I wanted to come here tonight was to give him a night to pack all his things and get out." I said.

"And where exactly is he going to go?"

"I don't know and I don't care." I admitted. Okay, maybe a cared a little bit, but not enough to do anything about it.

That seemed to take him back a little bit. "You don't care?"

"I'm trying not to, at least. Ghost played me. I shouldn't care about someone that made me look like such a fucking fool." I replied, "But I did have another reason for coming here. After Ghost is gone and everything, I want it to just be Ricky and I. No more slaves, no bullshit. I'm done. I need peace and quiet, but I have to make sure Friday goes to a good home. I know you're a one slave kind of guy, but I'm desperate. She's been through Hell."

"Joy is like my baby now." Ryan said, shocking me that he admitted it. "I'm not sure about taking in another slave because of how it could affect us, but I'll make you a deal. Let me have her for tonight and I'll see if it can work. I'll let you know before you leave in the morning. Does that work?"

"Definitely." I answered.

"Alright. The guest bedroom is down that hall. Dinner should be ready in about an hour." He said.

I stood up, directing my pet to do the same. "Thank you. I haven't had any alone time with Ricky all day, so I think we're going to go do that."

Ryan chuckled, "Alone time. Yeah, okay."

He wasn't an idiot. Ryan knew what I meant but I doubt he cared. He wasn't too overly sexual in life, despite having a sex slave. From the looks of it, she's become a lot more to him. I knew Ryan could get attached to his submissives easily. That's why he's gotten rid of some in the past. I think Joy will be different though. He's never reached this extent before; giving Joy her own room, giver her a pet collar, etc.

Once I got myself and Ricky into the guest bedroom, I almost pushed him over with a kiss. I can't help myself. I've barely got to touch him at all recently. He and I were both happy to have him back in his proper collar. I had changed it before we left the house. It made him so happy to have his collar back. It's so cute how the little things make him happy too. That's all he really gets in life though.

"It's okay," I told him as I broke away from his lips, "You can put your hands on me." I grasped his wrists delicately and placed his hands on my chest.

He got a little bashful. It was so fucking adorable. "Thank you, Master." He murmured.

"When we're alone, don't be afraid to touch me or talk to me or look at me. It's just us. No one is going to judge us for it." I reassured him.

Ricky isn't very confident even when I try to push him to be. He moved his arms up around my neck, resting his wrists on my shoulders. I'd consider that a huge step, honestly. He glanced up at me to make sure it was okay. I smiled and kissed him again. This is far from how I should be treating a pet even but I don't give a fuck. It's been a long time since I've felt simple compassion.

I ran my hand through his beautiful black hair, bringing him closer to me by pressing out hips against each other. His blue eyes always sparkled with wonder. There was a little fear in there too. I didn't know if it was fear of me, or fear of the unknown. I suppose they could be one in the same. Regardless, I was destined to make him feel completely safe in my arms. I'm not sure he's ever truly known what the feeling of safety is. Honestly, I don't think I ever have either.

True safety is something you feel in the arms of the one you love. It doesn't matter if the world is crashing down around you. If you love someone, really love them, they are all you need to feel at peace. I've always felt restless laying with Ghost. It should've been a sign. There were plenty of warning signs, some more blunt than others. For fuck's sake, we would beat on each other when we fought. That should've been a hint that we weren't meant for each other.

Is it wrong to want to fall in love with Ricky? He's a true slave, unlike Ghost. Ricky was actually meant for slavery and he's fine being a slave. I don't have the option to set him free like I do with Ghost. He doesn't exist as far as the government is concerned. Even the papers we sign for slave contracts, he's treated as an object. He's so much more to me than that but the rest of the world won't take it that way.

We wouldn't be able to get married legally... If I were to go that far, that is. I keep trying to remind myself that he is a slave... A slave that's captured my heart more than he'll ever realize.

| | |

Alrighty, so I do want to close out this story soon-ish. I'm really not sure how though. Suggestions on how you want to see it end? Is there anything you guys want to see happen before it ends?