5. Unknown Feelings

I never read

I never read. I always hated reading and found that it was a waste of my time, but here I was now, some book called Fahrenheit 451 in my hands. I have never been more bored in my life here at S.T.A.R. Labs, since the others rarely included me with their newest case. I guess they didn't fully trust me yet.

I did however manage to scrap up what I could about the case from overhearing things, which was that they thought this case could have something to do with Velocity 9. I remember hearing Jay say something about it back on Earth 2, but I couldn't remember exactly what it was. Barry and the others had a suspect as well, but so far, everything has checked out okay.

Other than shoving my nose into this boring book and acting like I was doing something productive, I was overthinking about last night with Barry. My mind kept flashing back to what he said to me at the bar, then followed by that weird hand touch. What did it mean? It probably didn't mean anything, but it meant something to me.

That something being trust, the very thing Jay told me not to do.

No love, no trust. Every time the image of Barry came across my mind, I told myself that over and over again. It was like the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to think about it. I hated myself for it, but I couldn't stop. It clouded my head, which made sense as to why Jay told me not to trust anyone. It weakens you.

"Any luck locating our speedster since Eliza checked out?" I hear Barry say then, causing me to look up. It wasn't until then I realized how many people were standing in here. I thought I was still alone.

"Uh, I'm still working on it but-" as soon as Cisco says that, the lights in the room flicker before a flash of lightning is darting across the room, taking Barry from where he was standing. I stand up then as I drop my book, not caring about it at all.

"Barry!" Caitlin shouts before we hear his voice again, but this time, it was over the speaker. My eyes glance over to see that the speedster had locked Barry downstairs in the pipeline.

Joe gets out his gun then, but just as he goes to point it at the door, the flash of lightning is back. I'm frozen in place as I watch Joe go flying back into the glass, breaking it, and then landing in the other room. I don't see him move before I go to get the gun, but just before I do, another hand grabs it and points it in my face.

I look up then, seeing the same girl I had seen at the club the other night. "What do you want?"

I mapped out ideas and different plans inside my head, waiting for her answer. Before she even said a word, I wondered if maybe she didn't know I had speed as well. That has to be the reason why she locked Barry down there, so I guess I'm the secret weapon, aren't I?

"Where's the V9 Caity? I need a fix," she says, sounding a lot like me the more I thought about it; well, her tone did. If I was standing on the other side of this situation right now, I bet we'd be good friends. Too bad I have to play the good guy.