30. Cold Hearted

9 years ago I had told myself that I wasn't going to use my speed tonight in order to prove to Jay that I could do things on my own again, but after this chick started to come at me, I knew I couldn't beat her without it

9 years ago 

I had told myself that I wasn't going to use my speed tonight in order to prove to Jay that I could do things on my own again, but after this chick started to come at me, I knew I couldn't beat her without it. Of course I wasn't going to turn down a good fight; I loved a challenge. Not to mention that if I could take care of her on my own without Jay, he'd know then I could take care of myself.

Either Jay couldn't hear all of the commotion going on out here, or he just wanted to wait it out and see how I could do, but either way, he wasn't here to help. I didn't expect him to or want him to; I wanted to do this on my own, that was for damn sure.

Everyone that was held hostage was gone; they fled the moment icicles started flying. They knew they could get away without either of us stopping them, and I didn't care. I needed more room to kick her ass anyways.

I grunt as I dodge another icicle, watching it as it finds itself buried into the wall behind me. For a second I stare at the thing, but then I turn back to the woman. "Do you know who I am?"

"Am I supposed to care?" she hisses before using both her hands to throw ice at me, but I just dash around her and stand on the other side of the room, watching her freeze the wall where I was supposed to be standing.

She whips around and glares at me, but I just cross my arms. "Fine, what's your name then?"

The woman doesn't answer me as thrusts her hands forwards again, letting the ice waves race towards me. I go to dash away once again, but she was smarter this time. As I start to run, I find ice under my feet, causing me to slip and slide straight into the wall.

I hear her laugh in my ear. "Fast feet don't work on ice, do they?"

My hand goes to my head then, feeling a bruise starting to form. "Bitch..."

"Not my name, but nice guess," she snaps once again as she throws more ice in my direction, but I was smarter this time around. I dodge the ice trail at my feet as I stand back on the other side of the room, anger starting to pump through me. I hated when anyone showed me up, even if it was just once for a split second.

"If you won't tell me your name, then I guess I need to come up with one on my own," I say as I place my finger on my chin, thinking to myself. "I think Crystal Frost has a good ring to it-"

"Shut up!" she yells at me once more, throwing yet another blast of ice my way. Instead of just dodging it this time around, I use my gravity powers to throw the blast right back at her, causing her to fall back onto the ground, unaffected.

As she lies there moaning, I walk over to her, looking down as I pull the ring out and stare at it once again. "What's so special about the ring? Please don't tell me this is an engagement ring, cause if it is...oh Honey, I'm sorry. This thing is hideous."

Her eyes flash open then, for a second showing me her pure white eyes, but then switching back to her normal ones. "Even if I did give you an answer, you wouldn't give it back."