11. New Afflictions

"Damn you're heavy," I grunt as I drag Barry 2 across the pavement, trying to find a good place to leave him at

"Damn you're heavy," I grunt as I drag Barry 2 across the pavement, trying to find a good place to leave him at. His head drags and falls to the side as I pull him behind a dumpster, throwing his feet back down to the ground. He was still passed out cold. "There you go...not the nicest place on the block to stay, but it'll work."

I stare down at him for a long moment, studying his facial features. I noticed that this Barry's nose was a little more crooked than the other Barry's, but I assume that all of that crime fighting probably knocked it back into place. I smile at the thought before stepping over his body, not even looking back as I walked down the alley.

"Stay in the shadows," I fade out, looking around me and focusing on my surroundings. There were car honks coming from ahead of me, along with the sound of people walking and talking on the phone. I know that I was told to not dare step foot out in public, but where else was I supposed to go? I had to get out of this alley one way or another, so I headed towards all of the sounds.

I almost step out into sight before I remember that I wasn't exactly wearing your typical clothing for a normal person on the street. I didn't have any other clothes either...dammit Raven, why didn't you think of this? I think for a moment before my eyes connect with a girl walking down the sidewalk, looking the same size as me. She chats away on the phone as her manicured nails wrap around a Jitters coffee cup, taking a sip every so often she stopped talking.

She was wearing a black leather jacket with a white shirt underneath, along with a pair of black jeans and black boots. She looked good in the outfit I'll admit, but I knew that I would look better. Of course I had to have it.

I smirk before dashing over towards her, grabbing her and bringing her back into the alley. Little to no time passes (for her that is) as I remove each piece of her clothing, replacing all of it in the end with a trash bag I had found in the dumpster nearby. After I'm done putting on the outfit and shoving my costume into her purse (which I also took), I dashed around the corner and walked along as if I didn't do a single thing wrong. My eyes glance over my shoulder as I hear her scream, not sure what had just happened as I smirk. I sure missed this alright.

I stumble a little in the healed boots, forgetting how to walk in them. It's been awhile, that's for sure. However, I quickly figure it out once again as I turn the corner, being greeted with multiple other people on the sidewalk. Most of them keep walking and don't pay attention to anything around them, but one of them stopped and looked at me, her eyes going bright. Oh no.

"Raven!" she shouts, jogging over towards me before stopping. She looks me up and down. "Woah, you sure look...different."

I bite my tongue, not sure what to say. She must think I was my earth 1 self...I didn't even think about my earth 1 self. "Just trying a new, um, style."

I fake laugh, and I could tell that she noticed it too. She nods awkwardly before continuing on. "I didn't think I'd see you on the streets. Teresa told me that you would probably be in the hospital a few more days."