10. Double Date

"Okay, so you're both going to go back to the time Wells was distracted by the jackass Hartley," Cisco says as he jots down a few notes onto the board

"Okay, so you're both going to go back to the time Wells was distracted by the jackass Hartley," Cisco says as he jots down a few notes onto the board. I felt like I was in school again, and I didn't like it.

"Who's Hartley again?" I ask as Cisco lowers his marker, looking back at me with a slight glare. I couldn't help it; I sucked with names without given a face to memorize.

Barry answers the question for me. "He's a villain that uses sound waves. He almost killed me last year, but we don't need to discuss that into detail."

"As I was saying," Cisco continues on as Caitlin walks back into the room, holding some type of dart. "Whenever you get there, you're going to stick that dart into the other Barry and that should hopefully knock him out long enough for you to get your speed equation."

Caitlin hands it to Barry as I stare at it...it bringing bad memories I didn't want to remember. "Also, you can't tell Cisco and I about Wells or else it will seriously screw up the timeline."

Barry nods as I gulp, trying to remember all of this stuff. I've always been the one for cheating on tests, but this one I couldn't cheat on. "You getting all of this Raven?"

"Eh," I croak out, getting a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I was going to screw something up. I just hoped that I was wrong.

"It's going to be okay," Cisco informs me. "You'll just be there to help Barry knock out the other Barry, and then you stay in the shadows until Barry presses that nice little button I hid in his shoe. You'll get the alert via sound, from the com I put in your ear, and that will either mean it's time to come home or Barry seriously screwed up. Let's hope it's the first option."

I nod my head as I readjust my com in my ear. "What am I supposed to do in the shadows?"

"Eat, breathe, play tic tac toe for all I care; just don't do anything that will mess up the timeline, you got that?" he assures me, causing me to nod.

Everyone looks around at one another in silence for a good while, not sure what to say. Finally, Cisco wraps his arms around Barry and I both at the same time, wishing us luck. Caitlin only hugged Barry, but it didn't bother me any. I wasn't a big fan of her myself.

"Remember to return to this exact moment," Cisco nods before Barry looks over at me, a small smile on his face, trying to hide his nerves. "You two got this."

Barry half smiles before looking over at me, disappearing for a moment to put his costume on, and then standing back in his same exact spot. "Ready to go?"

"Wait that reminds me," Cisco says quickly before he's dashing off into another room, not sure what he was doing. It wasn't until he returned with a stack of clothes that my eyes widened, the clothes not looking like the normal ones he's been letting me borrow when it came to running.

I raise an eyebrow. "What's that?"

"After what happened with Eliza on the bridge a week ago, I thought maybe you should get your own costume too," he says, making my stomach drop. I didn't want a costume. I didn't want to get attached; I didn't want to mean something to them. "It's still a work in progress, but this is what I have so far."