20. Power

It wasn't hard for me to find the breech that Barry and the others had opened up

It wasn't hard for me to find the breech that Barry and the others had opened up. Since the breeches had this sort of gravitational pull, it was like being drawn to a magnet with powers like mine. So, I ran until I found it inside of a crumbling building before stopping dead in my tracks.

I stare at the glowing blue light in front of me, not sure if I wanted to go back or not. Something deep in my gut was drawing me back...back to Barry, back to the others, and back to S.T.A.R. Labs. I knew that I needed to go back home and find Jay, but a part of me didn't want to. I didn't want to face Jay...well, Hunter I suppose, since I found out he lied to me all of these years. It made me wonder what else he lied to me about.

However, my mind wins over my gut as I dash off and jump through the breech, the wind around me whipping at my face before I leap forwards, opening my eyes to find myself in the same building, only different. I was home. I actually made it back. 

It takes me a moment to absorb it all again before I turn and run out of the building, knowing exactly where I was going to find Jay. The speed force inside of me was slowly ticking downwards, but I knew I had enough energy to make it back home before it ran out. 

As I raced along, I noticed how everything looked worse than the last time I had been here. Hunter and I had made a point that we were in charge around here, which left the city in pretty much ruins, but now...it looked like Hunter had been dragging the city down more without me. I couldn't tell if I was happy about that, or if I wished it wasn't like this.

It doesn't take me long before I'm running through the woods I knew so well and stopping down below the cliff, looking up to find the cave entrance where Jay and I lived for so long. I missed it like hell while I was away, and I hated to say that, but it was the truth. It's all that I've known. 

Nerves start to flood into me as I take a deep breath and dash up the side of the cliff, wind whipping at my face before I skid to a halt at the top, my eyes taking everything in. First thing I saw was the living room I had sat in for so many nights, then I saw the dinner table that Hunter and I shared so many meals together at, and then I saw the cages that held Wally and the other inmate.

Wally doesn't notice me at first, but the moment his eyes finally did land on me, they went wide. I forgot that I didn't have my mask on. "R-Raven?"

My eyes scan for Jay, not seeing him anywhere. I take a few steps forward towards Wally. "Wally."

"What am I doing here?" he asks me, wrapping his fingers around the steel bars. "What are you doing here?"

I take a deep breath. "Listen Wally, it's too long of a story to tell, but you need to listen to me, okay? First, are you alright?"

"I'm physically okay, but mentally not so much," he sasses me, before cocking his head. "And I'm a little cold."

I groan lowly. "I'm going to get you out of here-"