26. Reverse Rolls

Present

Present

Power. That's all that I could think about as I ran through the streets of Central City, following in Hunter's footsteps as we raced closer and closer to the police station. Hunter decided to start there first, since that's where he always started when it came to conquering cities, but this time, we were conquering the world, and that left a sweet yet bitter taste in the back of my throat that I could not swallow.

When Hunter and I had first started taking over our earth, we started with the police force. They were the only ones that had even a fraction of the capability of stopping us, if that counted for anything. We took them out one by one until none of them were left, and then we moved onto bigger heights. This time, we were going to do the same thing, and I couldn't shake that feeling of power to tell myself it was wrong.

By the time we reached the CCPD, my hands were shaking with excitement. I watch as Hunter races up the steps and drops Caitlin to the floor before coming back down to join my side, the two of us standing in front of the police force with pride in my eyes. I missed this.

"Zoom!" I hear someone shout, causing my eyes to drift down and see Joe standing there, pointing a gun at my face with Wally by his side. For a moment, Wally's eyes widen when he sees me, but that was besides the point anyways.

Hunter's voice lowers, masked by his speed. "Hello again."

A faint smile spreads across my face as lightning starts to dance on my skin, causing my black suit to glow a faint red color. "Don't move!"

"Or what?" I mock, raising an eyebrow at the man. We were speedsters, guns didn't effect us. 

Hunter continues. "You tried your guns on me last time. Remember how well that worked?"

I start to take a step forwards, ready to start the crusade, but that was before I hear Caitlin's voice ring out among all the others, causing me to stop dead in my place. "Please, don't hurt them! Let them go!"

I growl under my breath, tired of hearing the brunette girl. Never in my life did I witness Hunter listen to a petty person about his plans, but when I turned around to see what he wanted to do, I could tell that he was rethinking it all. All because of this girl he claimed he loved.

Instead of waiting to hear his reply, I turn back around and make eye contact with the man who spoke out against us, ready to take his life, but just before I could speed off and get the chance, Hunter is flashing in front of me and stopping me. My hair falls down in front of my shoulders as I narrow my eyes at him, able to see some type of light in his dark eyes. I was beyond livid.

"You're kidding me, right?" I snap as I lean back, grinding my teeth. He only stares at me for a long moment before turning around slowly, speaking to the crowd of police men.

"Tell everyone that this city is ours, and anyone who disobeys us will meet their end." I glare at Hunter before I look out among the others, seeing that they were more than terrified.