19. Plan B

9 years ago

9 years ago

"Jay come on, let me go!" I shout as he races around in his workshop, messing with things here and there. "I just want to help."

He stops in front of me then, sighing. "You know what I said; no crime committing until you're back up to speed."

I reach out, trying to touch him for his powers, but instead he races off before I can do so. I groan. "Was that a pun?"

"No, you just aren't ready to go back out yet," he says, his back turned to me now as he shoves something into a bag. "You said it yourself, you don't have everything you used to have. You can't just throw yourself back out onto the playing field, Raven. You have to build yourself back up."

Another groan escapes my throat as I lean back against the wall, crossing my arms. I knew Jay was right, but I didn't want to admit that he was. Ever since I got my powers back, thanks to Dust Storm, I've wanted to get back out there and help Jay. I was itching to be a villain again, but after he had found me in the woods after losing the speed, he told me that I needed to train myself back up to fighting speed and that I couldn't use his speed until he said so. Of course I've tried touching him just once, but it's kind of hard to do that when he's a speedster.

"It's almost been a week," I mumble, my eyes watching each lightning bolt that dances across his skin. "Please, just let me go out this once-"

"I said no, Raven," he snaps at me, his voice booming. It would have scared me if I was still a kid, but I wasn't. Not anymore.

I push myself up off the wall as I grab my jacket hanging up, slipping it on as I walk closer to him. "Fine, no crime fighting. But can I at least go get some Big Belly Burger? I'm starving."

Jay looks at me over his shoulder, raising an eyebrow. "Why don't I just pick it up for you and bring it back-"

"If you're going to forbid me from being a criminal, at least let me do something normal," I grit, shoving my hands into my pockets. "And yes, I want to go out and eat like a normal person because it makes me feel like I'm close to normal."

He stares at me for a long moment, sensing that something fishy was up, but I could tell he was going to let me go. "Fine, but wear a hat...just in case someone recognizes you."

"Deal," I half smile, glad to have this little victory at least. Jay sighs before racing off, taking whatever bag he had with him. I wanted nothing more than to be by his side tonight with whatever he had planned, but this would have to do.

I just couldn't figure out what to order.

-*+*-

Present

An hour didn't even go by before Barry was back.

I had just been sitting in the corner, playing with the ring that was on my finger before light flooded my eyes from the doors opening. Of course it wasn't the doors to my cell, but I knew what it meant before I even looked up. When I did look up however, I found a very pissed off Barry Allen, as I was guessing I would find.