6. We Could Be Heros

The one thing I noticed the most the longer I was on this Earth was how less lonely I was

The one thing I noticed the most the longer I was on this Earth was how less lonely I was. Back on my Earth, Jay was usually never around...at least when I was still a kid. He was always up to something and never dared take me along with him, so I always was alone. Here, at least someone was around me; whether they were working or striking up a conversation with me, I still felt more at home here that I ever did back at my actual home.

"Caitlin, I'm sorry, but your friend has gone coo-coo for cocoa puffs," Cisco remarks as he dumps a dust pan filled with glass into the trash; the glass that had broke from Joe flying into the window earlier. The image kept playing over and over in my mind, and that jitteriness of feeling like a hero was still buzzing inside of me.

Barry shakes his head. "And now she's out there with more V9."

"But she doesn't know that I put a micro tracker in the drug," Caitlin says, stopping from fixing up Joe. He had a cut in the head, but other than that, he was pretty much fine. My bullet wound was healed already, but that's only thanks to Barry's speed ability.

Joe raises his eyebrows. "That was a good idea."

Caitlin faintly smiles before her and Cisco walk over to the computer, typing a few things as we all trailed our way over. Barry silently walks up behind me before whispering to me; something I wasn't ever expecting him to say to me.

"Thanks," he smiles, nodding his head. "You got shot for Jesse today, and that is what a real hero would do."

Again, with that word. I hated it.

"I'm not a hero," I shake my head as my eyes drift to the floor.

Barry furrows his eyebrows. "Of course you are-"

"Barry," I say sternly, looking back up. I wanted to get my point across. "Don't call me a hero."

He looks desperately confused by my sudden anger, but he couldn't understand. He wasn't going to understand...at least, not until the right time. Not until Zoom comes back to wreak havoc.

"She's at the Central City bridge," Cisco says, narrowing his eyes as we all turn and look at the screen. The little tracker that was in Trajectory was zooming back and forth across the screen; giving me a headache.

Caitlin asks the question we all were thinking. "Why is she running back and forth?"

Barry nods his head. "She's creating friction."

"At that vibration and speed..." Wells fades off, thinking as we all stare at him, desperate to know what he was thinking. "She could destroy that whole bridge."

"And everyone on it," Barry fades out, his face drooping more with every millisecond. He looks up at me then, his eyes locking with mine, and I knew what he was going to ask of me in that moment.

I answered him first. "Barry, I told you, I'm not a hero. I can't help you-"

"Maybe you're not a hero, but you are like me," he walks over to me, looking me in the eyes still. It made me feel weak, and I hated it. "You can help save all of those people, Raven. You have the ability to do things no one else can do. Please Raven, be a hero for just one night."