43. Black Siren

8 years ago

8 years ago

And after that simple apology between Jay and I, everything was back to normal. It was nice to get back on track with things, but something else in my gut told me that it wouldn't last for much longer. However, it wasn't like everything was back to normal, since now Killer Frost was technically Jay's henchman, but I told myself I could tolerate it. Besides, like I said earlier, this was an even better Hell for her.

I haven't seen a trace of her since that night though, but I wasn't worried. I knew that when the time came when we needed her, Jay would have it under control. Besides, you can't run or hide from a speedster, that much I knew. Plus, you'd have to be plain stupid to try and get away from someone like Zoom.

But for now, things were back to normal. And by normal, I mean running away from the scene of the crime, after stealing from the Central City Museum. 

To get back in the groove of things, Jay and I thought we'd do a simple robbery mission. We didn't really need the pieces of art that we stole, or the jewelry, but of course, it was fun. I enjoyed the thrill of it all; plus, it meant that my name would be back on the news yet again.

Jay decided to snag the art pieces while I took care of the jewelry, so that's why I was on the run back to home base. Somehow the two of us got split up back there, but I didn't care all that much. The cops did show up, but it wasn't like they could catch a speedster, and I knew that they wouldn't even try to catch Zoom. Anyone that has tried to do that has found a hand through their chest, so rarely did anyone attempt to do that anymore. 

So here I was now, dashing down Main Street with a pocket of pearl and ruby necklaces, making my way towards home. The lights and cars fly by me as I dash along, my feet working on their own. It was almost like I didn't have to focus anymore when it came to running; it was just a natural thing that I did on instinct. 

However, just before I turn the corner to head towards an ally, I hear a loud sound before I'm being knocked off of my feet. My legs twirl up over my head as I'm thrusted to my left, my body hitting the ground before rolling a few times. I feel cuts and scrapes form on my arms and legs, even my cheek, but before I stopped rolling, I could already feel them starting to heal. 

For a moment I pause, dazed as to what even happened, but then I'm quickly on my feet, looking around for my attacker. It takes me a moment to pinpoint the direction it came from, but when I did, I wasn't met with something I was expecting. I was waiting to see some sort of meta wanting to go up against Silver Trickster, but instead, I saw what appeared to be a girl the same age as me, if not a little older. She wasn't standing as if she wanted to fight, but instead she looked scared.

I hold my ground as I bite my tongue, wondering what was going on here. It was then I notice a man lying on the ground in front of me, between her and I. The girls' eyes are wide as she takes a few steps backwards, starting to run away.