31. Found

Present

Present

Hearing those two words from Iris triggered something inside of me that I seemed to forget that I had: hope. It's been so long since the last time I had true hope, and it was a feeling that I had actually missed. After all, it was a good reason to be hopeful.

Barry's alive.

Barry was alive. I kept repeating that inside my head over and over again like a broken record, and I didn't want it to stop. I didn't need Iris to explain herself when she mentioned him being trapped inside the speed force; it wasn't a foreign concept to me. Well, it wasn't like I've ever been there stuck myself, but Hunter told me about it. He didn't just teach me moves and how to defend myself; he taught me about the rules of these powers and everything in between.

But how to get him back...that I wasn't taught about. Iris had made it sound so easy, that I could just simply bring him back to the real world with just one swift try. My gut told me that this wasn't going to be the case, but I had to try. I wasn't sure if I was the person they needed to get Barry back, but it was worth a shot. Barry was worth trying for.

The thing about Iris though was that she wasn't afraid of me. Well, I guess you could say she had that same hope and trust level as Barry did. It only made sense since Joe raised both of those two, so of course they acted the same in some ways. When Iris first saw me and explained to me what was going on, she had a look of edginess on her face, but she didn't once lose her footing or step away when I took a step closer. She was brave alright; especially for coming to me for help when she knew I was with Hunter...I knew she cared about Barry as much as me, and she'd risk her own life even to save him.

However, the rest of the gang wasn't like Iris. They were scared of me, and I didn't blame them.

"You're kidding me, right?" Cisco yelps as he grabs the keyboard sitting on the desk, holding it out in case he needed to defend himself from me. "We sent you out to bring home a zombie, not the girl who works alongside Satan himself!"

Before I can speak, Iris does. "We need her help, Cisco. You know that. You and I couldn't bring Barry back, and we need someone that we know he cares about."

"What about Joe then? We haven't tried him yet, and Barry cares about him. Anyone else besides her, please." Cisco glares over towards me then, but I didn't blame him. He had every right to be mad at me.

I take a deep breath. "Cisco-"

"What about Caitlin?" he asks me suddenly, cutting me off completely. "Is she safe?"

Iris looks over at me then, giving me a curious look as if she realized she forgot to ask. "She's safe. Hunter won't hurt her; he cares about her too much."

He sighs a breath of relief. "Thank God."

"Listen Cisco, I know you have no right to trust me, and I don't blame you, but I just want to bring Barry back home. Iris seems to think that I can do that, and I can't tell you if I can or not, but it's worth a try." I take a deep breath then, seeing Cisco still rebel against this idea.